I can solve a Rubik's Cube in two minutes and 13 seconds.

My brother was in Budapest for the world championships recently - watching, not competing - and they have a blindfolded category; you start the clock, look at the cube, cover your eyes and solve the cube. The winning time was still under 20 sec.

:eek:

I had a Rubik’s Cube about 20 years ago. I got pretty good at solving it, but not quite championship level. I could solve it in under 2 minutes. I couldn’t master manipulating two faces at once, which is what it seems to take to win championships.

I was never able to solve the Rubiks cube. I assume it’s because the one I had was faulty.

I used to be able to do it as a teenager (solved 90% of it by myself and had a friend help me for the last bit) but I was never able to do it fast.
My son found one lying around the house a few months ago and my wife told me “Daddy knows how to solve it” so I had to remember how to do it to show my son that Daddy can do everything. I of course had forgotten how so I searched the web and found this method which is pretty easy. I haven’t timed myself but I’m pretty sure I can do it under 4 minutes. I’ll have to time myself tonight.

Easy solution
http://beust.com/rubik/

I used to be able to do one and do it pretty quickly. A year or so ago I found my old Rubik’s and tried to solve it. Nothing. I figured I was getting old and feeble, but now that I have read Christopher’s post, I’m thinking mine is faulty too.

I don’t think I ever solved one legitimately, but I did learn how to pry the cube apart and put it back together. Easier than peeling off the stickers.

Dude I was actually watching that on TV the other night! There was some guy from Japan competing (of course there was), so it was deemed appropriate for national television. Anyways, there was this kid, he was from East European country I believe, and he did like 15 of them, blindfolded, in a row… and he got all of them right! How is that even humanly possible?

I never even knew people, uh, “did” Rubik’s Cubes competitively…and yet I watched this ridiculous televised event for 30 minutes while I was at the gym.

That’s nothing. In just 8 seconds, I can get so amazingly frustrated with one that I throw it across a room!
Beat that!