I don't think Garrison Keillor likes the pubbies very much

Okay, I’m confused. Who the hell is Reeder pitting this time?

WTF is a “Christian of convenience”?

What’s wrong with nihilists in golf pants?

WTF PETA?

Are dorks necessarily aggressive?

Did you also know that Republicans don’t think Neal Armstrong’s moon landing was faked?

Did you like the way Keillor threw i aroundt?

You’re mixed up. Keillor’s was a statement; mine was a parody.

You can presently get eggs in China for about 2.50 RMB per/500g.

Oh yeah, Lib? Well, I’m rubber and you’re glue, everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. Neener neener.

No off to nap time with you.

Ahh – and here I thought it was a rebuttal. My apologies.

And no, I think ‘evil’ is a particularly not-useful word to be throwing around, not to mention over the top and, well, stupid.

I should comb up my bangs; I’m getting this whooshing feeling above my head.

The original article from which the quote came can be found here. And my love for Garrison Keillor is burning bright after reading it. God bless that man, because he has finally summed up every frustration and fear that I’m feeling in this campaign in one incredibly well-written article.

Thanks for posting the link to that article, MysticMilt. That goes in my bookmarks. These are my favorite lines:

“The concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few is the death knell of democracy. No republic in the history of humanity has survived this. The election of 2004 will say something about what happens to ours. The omens are not good.”

People who are hypocrites when it comes to Christian values. Jim Baker would be a good example. That guy who wanted people to pray that certain Supreme Court judges came down with certain illnesses. Unfortunately I’m sure there are plenty of these people in each party (we got Jesse Jackson) so you might as well use the same phrase.

Okay. I suppose hypocrisy could be a convenient thing. Thanks, Fern.

Damn. I haven’t listened to The Prarie Home Companion in years. I’ll have to start again.

Oh, hear that old piano
from down the avenue

I smell the purple heart band-aids,
I look around for you…

Hey, Astorian, catch up. Keillor hasn’t been doing his shown from New York for a few years now; he’s back in Minneapolis/St.Paul.

I’d love to see Kerry appoint Keillor to the NEA, just for the bitter faces from some in the GOP.

Hairy-backed???

Picky, picky, picky, but…GK is based in St. Paul. St. Paul is like the subconcious of the Twin Cities.

Why does anybody pay attention to this moron? Keillor’s radio show sucks…its boring and stupid. Plus the fact that we (the taxpayers) pay for it…in his 25+ years of producing this thing, he still can’t find a commercial sponsor,talk about welfare? Keillor is a great example of why we need welfare reform!

Yeah, those definitely NON-sold out shows… those obviously less than four million+ weekly listeners… those nonexistent corporate sponsors… the scandalous and wasteful government funding of definitely way more than three percent of NPR’s annual budget… terrible, man.

You keep fightin’ the good fight there, buddy.

Been running 25+ years and so widely popular that I’ve even heard of it in Australia.

Not bad for a boring and stupid show produced by a moron.

Or maybe (to paraphrase Arthur C) your comments reflect my experience namely that morons find anything of sufficiently advanced subtlety to be indistinguishable from “boring” and “stupid”.

You mean he’s a corporate shill?

OK, seriously, Reeder. Can I now link to NewsMax for rants? No, really. The site you linked to is about as non-partisan. Where are you anyway? :dubious:

Hey, stop picking on Gary. Keillor is great. I’ve read all his books, and even listen in to his show sometimes via the Internet. He has a wonderful sense of humor, a unique narrative voice, and probably the best radio show in the world.

I can’t, just can’t, believe that somebody just said that A prairie home companion is boring and stupid. It’s anything but, and if you think that a Rush Limbaugh or a Michael Savage can hold a candle to it for a single second, we’ll just have to accept that as proof of the theory that there are of parallel universes, and that you live in one of the dumber ones. Or maybe you just don’t get it, or confuse it with The little house on the prairie.

Now, if Gary hadn’t been from Minnesota, if he hadn’t written about two-bit towns and Norwegian bachelor farmers, and if he didn’t think just that about Republicans and had the wit, wisdom and pluck to express it in these exact words - then what?

Then he just wouldn’t be Gary.

And the world would be poorer for it.

Oah, Jeeze, Lena! We gotta get outta here! Them folks are coming!

Oof dah!

Doh! :smack:

1. Dem folks are comin’!

2. Uff da!

Sorry for the misinterpretation of a foreign language! (a big ol’ Ole :smack: )