I feel criticized when the Site tells me I've posted "too often" to a certain thread and should "invite others to join"

Yeah, any kind of automated “you’ve posted too much in this thread” nonsense needs to be disabled. That doesn’t work at all. That very nature of GQ, for example, is that the person who asks the initial question is likely to be a large proportion of the posts - it’s rude NOT to give feedback when people are posting helpful answers. And we don’t do many AMA threads, but they would likely be 50% one person, that being a feature not a bug.

True.

ETA: Nice. Looks like the site settings allows super-short posts. The other Discourse I frequent doesn’t, and I have to resort to trickery to appear laconic.)

Nanny-Bot’s complaint was that I’m dominating the conversation. :roll_eyes:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war.

Yup. “No more than 3 consecutive replies are allowed. Please edit your previous reply, or wait for someone to reply to you.”

That “feature” needs to die, pronto.

How thorough is the Disco-Grammar-Nanny-Bot? I want to fully understand what our new nanny is watching for.

ETA: Well, okay. It doesn’t snipe at me over split infinitives. That’s all I really care about!

Ain’t no robotz gon tell me how to talk! I alredy no how to talk reel gud!!!

ETA:
Apart from red squiggly lines under my misspelled words (which are mostly pretty helpful, really, and are hardly unique to this platform) the Discourse 9000 software hasn’t actually kept me from posting things. Except for not letting me post more than three times in a row in this thread, just now.

What’s this about complete sentences

How does it

Agreed.

know what is or isn’t a complete sentence, anyway?

ETA:
And, I had to wait for GreysonCarlisle to reply before I could post again.

Open the damned pod bay doors, already, Discourse!

Is there a “Scolded By Nanny-Bot” badge that can be earned?

Not that I’ve seen, but I’d worry about being auto-insta-banned.

That would definitely be a Very Bad Feature!

Hear, hear. All content on the SDMB needs to have been submitted by a bona fide SDMB registrant. Please disable Discourse-generated content.

Maybe @discobot can be banned?

I’ll drink to that!

“Discobot” should be banned on the basis of its name alone, which sounds like either a robot from the late 60s that plays disco music or one that dances like a dork in response to it, and might have made a cameo appearance on The Spy Who Shagged Me. Or else it could just be stripped of its admin and mod powers, so that it could just bleat in the background and be completely ignored. :grin:

@MEBuckner, are you sure the squiggly red lines aren’t your browser spell-checking you? I know you can convince Chrome to do so.