I Feel Good

That’s a huge accomplishment, Gingy. Congratulations!

(See, I told you I would post that).

Y’know, one of the things I love about the SDMB is that, with the occasional exception, everyone here is always joyous about another doper’s success. Even if it came (or went, depending on your POV) easy for you, Ginger, we all feel joy for you!

No kidding, norinew… I should stay away from other MBs. Yesterday, I watched as these women (95% female) ripped into another one over a minor gaffe. Whoa.

A huge accomplishment, resulting in a much more petite Gingy!!!

Congratulations! If you’re anything like me, you know that 49 lbs. is approximately the same thing, in terms of weight-loss, as 50. But there’s nothing quite like having that nice round number to mull over with satisfaction. Good work!

throws confetti Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to see you at DopeAWeen :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congratulations You Loser!!
The fact that you think losing weight is easy is inspiration itself :smiley:

Excellent!
Once you “get going” it really can become easy.

chattywine, in all seriousness, it has been relatively easy. Granted, I have the will of - well, of something that has a REALLY STRONG WILL. The will of a cranky toddler, maybe. The will of a dark-ages monk. It’s a simple matter of restricting your intake and boosting your activity.

I can still have whatever I want to eat. WhatEVER I want. Cheesesteak, pizza, steak, whatever. I just need to plan for it and have the points available for that day. Granted, my body isn’t too crazy for fat anymore, so I skip the fried chicken and such, but I can honestly have anything I want.

I have come to really enjoy working out, as well. At first it was all I could do to not collapse and die, but now it’s something I really look forward to. I’m proud of myself, and I know it shows physically, but I also feel better about myself and other people can tell that as well. I’ve always been a pretty positive person, but now I’m a total dork. I’m acting like a momma bear to some friends who are trying to lose, but I’m being nice about it. Before, I would have been saying “it’s too hard, I don’t wanna”, but it’s SO EASY.

Great job, Ginger! What an accomplishment! Fifty pounds. Amazing.

I’ve been a Weight Watcher for 3.5 years and for me, it’s not a diet. It’s a lifestyle change. Yes it’s hard, but I want to be healthy for the rest of my life, not just for now. I think you feel the same way.

Tell Weirddave to give you big hugs for me!

I’m successfully sucking in more WW people. Maaan, I should get paid for this.

Wow! I’m so proud of you. Maybe I’ll try it, too. I quit smoking two months ago, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. It’s the decision that makes it easy.

I’ve gained back 15 of the 17 lbs I lost since January. I need to do something about it. It’s time to decide.

Thanks for posting! You go, girl!

Hey…I missed this one. Yay Gingy!

[1983] God, you are like…such a loser.[/1983]

Whoot! Supercongrats to you, Ginger. What a great success story :smiley:

I just want to mention that I’m not the only person having weight loss success. Our little fizzestothetop is doing really well too. I won’t say how much, but I’m really proud of her.