I got the Job

Whee! How’s the weather?

Who’s this Paul in Qatar guy?

Mazel tov, Paul in [del]Saudi[/del] Qatar!

He’s a wierd kind of sock puppet. Wierd in that he can only use one name at a time, and can’t go back to the names he’s used before. Kind of a Serial Time’s Arrow Sockpuppet.

Huge sandstorm. Jeddah, Riyadh, Damman and all the way down here are getting zapped by grit. Not a lot of fun.

Yea, I actually saw some of that on CNN International (iReports) after I posted last night. Those things are mind boggling. I’d always thought that was a Hollywood type creation.

There is indeed Dope in Doha, as I’ve been doping – err, lurking – from here for years now. (I’m in academia as well; there’s been a huge move to insource education here lately.)

So Paul: welcome to Doha. I’m sure you’ll find life drastically different and irritatingly similar to life in Saudi at the same time, but there are places in all the major hotels where you can go to fix that. :wink:

So there’s three of us now? Woo hoo!

I swear, the stuff that Saudi sends our way! :wink:

Good for you, Paul In Qatar! The TV and radio news people call it “Gutter.” Is that the right way to say it?

Glad you made it there safely. How do you like it? (Well, except for the sandstorm part.)

Sounds like you need to have a Dopefest.

GT

DopeFest? Sure, but give me a couple of weeks to settle down. I have a mess of lesson planning to do.