I hate tubes/valves

Tube amps rule!

Actually, I bet TubaDiva’s Vulva rules too

Tubes sound better.

The fellow over the road died recently and after a decent interval his widow put all his accumulated junk of a lifetime out in the yard, hiring several dumpsters in succession to do it. He had been an amateur radio ham and there were huge quantities of valves, transformers, condensers, resistors, nuts and bolts, speakers, chassis’s of obscure ex-government transmitters, all boxed up and sitting in the rain. I looked over it but I couldn’t take anything but a very small portion, I haven’t got the space.

Yeah, I respect where the OP is coming from, but I am looking for a different type of performance from my circuit :wink:

Why not buy a solid-state projector and tack on a facade that makes it look like it uses tubes and valves?

Because it won’t sound as good.

Okay, it’s a love-hate relationship.

After I got out of the USAF way back when, I worked in my Dad’s electronics repair shop.

We had lots and lots of vacuum tubes, and I’ve tested and replaced quite a few.

We went through a lot of 6GH8’s (television tuner tubes) which were a part of all of the mechanical tuners we used to fix.

How hard would it be to obtain a Peltier cooling device to cool the projector? I mean besides the fact that you’ll also need a time machine to bring you back to the 28th of December.

I preferred servicing tube circuits because they were more forgiving. Your multimeter or oscilloscope probe can slip and spark. No harm done. Do that with a transistor and you’ll be buying a new one. IC chips are even worse. A good fart will short one out. :wink: Well, it will if your hand twitches.