I have Sleep Apnea at 24 yrs.! Calling all medical minds...

Do more people “have” sleep apnea since they invented a machine to treat it??

Well, here’s a comprehensive article about sleep apnea. I found this quote intriguing:

There’s also this:

And this sounds like what Fule is looking for:

All I was getting at was that it doesn’t get directly “stimulated”. It gets secondarily stimulated.
I apologise for remembering CNX in the wrong autonomic division, it is sympathetic.
You over-estimate yourself. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LODGE SOMETHING IN YOUR THROAT. You have a choke reflex for a reason.

Did I ever say I was planning on doing this? OR DID I ASK IF I COULD DO IT? There is a difference, and you have no idea exactly why I asked the question… maybe it was to stimulate ideas in you’alls minds??? Also, to weed through the people who are not on the same track as I am here, such as you??

I overestimate myself? This coming from someone who doesn’t know a single things about me? Yes, I will go, I will drive that big long fire engine as fast as it will go and on the way back from a call I will stop on your lawn and do donuts!!!

tremorviolet: Thanks for that list. I knew there were some other options that I could at least look into.

About the magnets, at first thought, I wouldn’t feel right attracting metals to certain parts of my body, especially near my head. That’s just kind of weird, but the application of magnets for this purpose is a fascinating thought.

About the jaw projector contraption MAD: I wonder how long term anterior force applied on the jaw in that fashion would effect the bones and connective tissue in my jaw??? I wonder what would happen if I rolled over on the side of my head and applied additional force in a perpendicular plane to the MAD’s traction (or force)??? I’m not so sure if the jaw was meant for one type of force, let alone two forces like that…

The sleep splint sounds really nice, I wonder how it works?

I will promptly look into these solutions. Again, thanks.

In case some of you haven’t realized, amongst other goals, I am trying to stumble upon a solution that is not cumbersome to transport and does not use power. The CPAP is a godsend, but it does have its shortcomings. I know a car battery can power that thing for at least several nights, but what if I end up at a buddies’ house and suddenly want to crash on the couch… if I could pull something out of my pocket or backpack, administer it, and get on with life outside of my house, that would be choice.

I meant to say deep cycle marine battery…