I have to have a hysterectomy (long, disjointed, terrified, TMI)

Wow, I hope this means you feel a thousand percent better once you recover from the surgery part!

So (and clearly this is low priority), imagine when you hop on the scale! You’ll have lost like, 20 pounds! Now granted, having sports equipment, a fruit salad, and great honking masses of goo removed from your tummy is a rather unpleasant way to go about it, but, damn girl! Well done!

And I echo everyone else - abdominal surgery is kind of ouchy to recover from if my c-section is any guide. Take it easy and let people pamper you while you’re recuperating. :slight_smile:

:eek:

Be well!

Ouch. Take all the pain meds you can get. Many hopes for a quick recovery.

Holy smokes, lady! Sorry I’m just now seeing your post, and I remember you posting about your own concerns after the post about my myomectomy. Lordy geez, that was smalllll potatoes compared to what you’ve gone through! I just wanted to send my very very best to you for a speedy recovery, and I hope you’ll have an unexpected boost once you recover, now that they’ve gotten all that crud out of you. Sounds like your surgeons did an excellent job!! Please let us know how your recovery goes. :slight_smile:

Good luck on your recovery! Do not lift anything!

If they didn’t give you one (and I hope they’re standard in abdominal surgery) get a abdominal binder, they make moving much easier, and it gave me peace of mind that things weren’t going to break open.

Wow! That was a major operation, there. Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Yowza! I don’t know how I missed your thread when it was first posted, but I’ve just read it all through – yikes!! You most definitely made the best decision possible, getting all that mess out of you. I hope that you make a speedy and complete recovery, and that you find yourself feeling unexpectedly amazing now that your body isn’t having to cope with such a lot of extraneous junk inside.

Feel better soon!

Thumbs up, Kolga. Get better quick!

Too true!!! Move around as much as you feel comfortable with - laying down too much isn’t great for a lot of reasons - but listen to your body. When it says “yep, that was fun, now we’re going to sit down NOW”, sit down NOW.

Never had anything as serious as your surgery, but after my C-section I got to feeling pretty good pretty quickly. Was helping put some stuff away at home about a week post-baby (she was still in the hospital) and then my body said “stop. now.”. And I did. I think it would have been pretty unpleasant if I hadn’t done that.