I hope this is the right place to come [Advice on buying a car]

THANK YOU!!!

We went to look at it again yesterday. I discussed it with my ex husband, whom I am are back together with now. After all the research I did on it. He has had all the faith that this was the problem all along. I inspected it for rust myself again, I’m the kind of gal that has to see things myself to believe it. He explained it to me that’s a little dust bit of rust around the rotor with normal I thought it was worse than that from what I saw before but I have been looking at a lot of cars too. So that checked out. Took it for a test drive. The current owner told me about all the maintenance records that he has from the prior owner from him. He was amazed at all the maintenance that had been done on it, Immaculate records.

Well hopefully it’s a diamond in the rough. He just a Bluetooth module out and is going to let it sit for a few days. If it starts right up I’m going to buy it Friday.

My ex and I came to an agreement. He was going to make the payments on it for me but I told him don’t worry about the payments as long as he took care of all the maintenance cost, excluding oil changes. So that gave me insurance that I won’t get into a financial future nightmare. I may have been better off if I let him make this car payments, lol. But then I wouldn’t have the insurance.

Hopefully it’s a diamond in the rough. I could have moved on, but it’s a known problem in the acura’s handsfreelink. If I want to replace Bluetooth module I’m sure that I can. He said that he would buy me one for Christmas. Unless I ask for aftermarket air conditioned seats instead

Thank you PP for recognizing the comment about the Bluetooth module being removed.

The current owner did say that he only really had the problem in the winter but he still unhooks it just to be sure he doesn’t run into another drained battery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That could also be due to replacing a lot of parts trying to resolve the current issue.

My friend in Denver, CO had the same problem with her Acura MDX, but she kept her battery connected. I think it was a 2006. She had a recurring problem where everything would shut down, every month or so, and engine would not start. And instant jump, and she was good for another month or two or three. This went on for years. Dealer kept it for months on end, saying it’s difficult to diagnose intermittent problems, but despite all the time they had with it, could not solve the problem since it never would do it with them.

I eventually bought her a battery booster, so that way she wouldn’t have to rely on a jump every few months.

She was also told by the Acura dealer to also disconnect the Bluetooth, and told that was the problem. In her case it wasn’t, it kept doing it.

To cut to the chase, eventually somebody that specialized in batteries, said, it was still the battery despite showing good readings, he was able to detect one cell bad in it, something the dealer and other mechanics, for whatever reason wasn’t able to detect.

Nearly a year later, problem hasn’t came back, and finally is convinced problem is solved now.

Best of luck on your MDX if you go through with it. I hope you get it for considerably less for taking this kind of a chance.

We’re going to advise you not to do that either. There are newer models available that don’t come with so many problems. ;):smiley: