I know this has been done before, but....

I have a friend who refers to me as “Brutally honest chick”.

I can’t lie because my face gives it away. One day we were having dinner out, and the waiter was showing us a magic trick. He asked if we were impressed, and Sarah was able to say yes, and come across as fairly sincere. I on the other hand was all set to try to lie, and out comes “Nope, not at all.”

I apologized, but I really wasnt’ impressed, and the nickname was born…hehe.

-Lsura

As I was reading this, I was thinking that I couldn’t come up with an interesting compliment (although I KNOW I’ve had some that made me go “huh?”), but the philosophy teacher using friedo’s essay as an example reminded me of one…

Just after I went back to school (after a 10 year break), I was really worried about my test scores. When we were getting our first chemistry tests back, I didn’t get mine. I was totally freaked out, thinking that maybe it got lost and I wouldn’t recieve a mark for it.

The teacher looked around at his mark recorded in his book and said “Oh, yours. Sorry, I left it in the office. You did so well, I used it to mark the other tests”.

After every test for the rest of the semester, my friends in the class would tease me, saying that I wouldn’t get my test back because he was using it to grade the rest.

I don’t know if it’s the best one, but it’s the first one I can remember offhand …

“I’d kill for your hair” – some woman on an elevator.

1. “I can honestly tell you that what you’re saying is what every girl would want to hear.”

2-4. “I think I’m addicted to you . . . goodness I like you! . . . Thank you for being.”

There’s more to add to that, but I risk embarrassing at least one person here (myself) so I’ll stop and let y’all imagine the rest.

Someone once told me that I had the most beautiful eyebrows they had ever seen.

My 4 year old cousin once asked me “Are you an angel?” When I told her that I wasn’t she replied “You still seem like an angel”.

Someone once told me that my cat’s hide would make a wonderful pair of fur gloves. I don’t think my cat took it as a compliment though.