I love "How It's Made"!

Others here have went over most of my gripes with the show already. I’ll only add that I find the soundtrack to be an enormous disappointment. Just seeing the machines (or whatever) operating without the sound is somehow hollow to me.

Overall, I much prefer the shows that feature the actual men and women who do the work of making stuff explaining their job and the processes involved, sort of like the segments that are (were?) on This Old House.

[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
I suspect that it’s a French-language production. In fact, the only reason I know it’s a Canadian production is that I happened to pick up what I thought was a Canadian accent from the narrator, then looked at the credits and saw a ton of French names. Checked it out, et voila, c’est Canadien.
[/QUOTE]

I figured that out fast a couple of weeks ago when the traffic sign shop was making ARRÊT signs. But I do enjoy the show and yes the Discovery Channel reruns shows that are first on the Science Channel which I get as a supplment to my DirecTv subscription.

I also dislike the vamping background noise that I will not categorize as “music” and it often drowns out the monologue.

Oh, me too! But I used to love “field trips” to factories, etc. when I was a kid. That’s one of the things I miss most about going to school…field trips…then, there’s “Show and Tell.” But, I guess that’s what the Straight Dope is…