I Love You, Phillip Morris

No, that’s pretty much how it is in the movie. And, as Russell says in disgusted but unsurprised reaction,

'Fucking Texas."

I got this film cheap at DVD exchange a few months ago, knowing nothing about it except that it was the true story of two men who fell in love in prison. I was expecting something a little more “gay romantic comedy,” and while there were certainly elements of that, the heist aspect, as well as Steven Russell’s more sociopathic tendencies, came as a surprise. I love true stories about audacious, balls out insane crime, so I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I think the title is a bit misleading, though. I’m not sure Steven was capable of loving anyone or anything, except lying.

I disagree. I really do think he loved Phillip; he then applied his considerable criminal skills and sociopathy to getting back together with Phillip no matter what it took, and - even when asked directly by his lover - couldn’t promise not to do it again.

I love this thread. Based on what we saw in the movie, he really did love PM but the sociopath in him won out so it was a selfish love, not a selfless love.

Small Hen, have you seen Bernie?