I never saw Clint Eastwood eat spaghetti!!!

Many of Ellison’s lies are not him idly playing around with his readers’ minds but are clearly telling stories just because they make him look better.

Charles Platt has written and self-published a pamphlet about Ellison’s lies, including the story that Ellison has been telling about how he punched out Platt. Anyone who’s seen both men knows that that’s ridiculous. Platt says that Ellison took a swing at him, but he grabbed Ellison’s hands and pushed him away.

Christopher Priest has written and self-published a pamphlet about the ways that Ellison has lied about his supposedly forthcoming third Dangerous Visions anthology.

Hang around at enough science fiction conventions and you’ll hear lots of these stories.

Wendell Your characterization of Ellison causes me to wonder now if he made up much of his story about being there when L. Ron Hubbard came up with the idea for Scientology.http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=1793 , specifically jab1’s reference here

Stories that I’ve heard at science fiction conventions say that Ellison couldn’t have been at this meeting of writers where Hubbard got the idea to start a religion. Ellison was too young at the time. I’m actually slightly dubious whether there really was a single such meeting or if Hubbard was regularly in the habit of complaining about the poor pay of writing. It may have happened several times that someone suggested to him that he could start a religion.