I pit idiots with aftermarket HID headlight kits…

And what about those new ultra bright LED arrays? Not only are they a line of painfully bright pinpoints, they flicker and shimmer. How the hell are they legal?

I hate these people! Two were behind me Wednesday night so close to my ass that they can smell what brand of soap I use. Their supernova headlights make my eyes hurt. I know my eyesight isn’t’ that good but I have to slow down because I cannot see anything but headlights.

I am so afraid I am going to be rear-ended by these clowns and their ultra-bright lights. I don’t know why they need them because this is a very suburban area with lots of housing developments and strip malls.

Some clowns also have lights that have a pink-purple tinge to them but I can live with them.

while we are at it, can we throw in the dumbasses who throw 8,000$ sets of 26 inch wheels on their 1000$ 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass? There is one guy cruising fort worth, texas who actually had to install pick up truck step rails so he could comfortably get into his fucking CAR.

To start off i used to import these after market hid kits for 2-3 years and it isn’t the hid headlights that blind u. Many are the fake cheap blue hid bulbs sold at stores that blind you. It is illegal because of the color. any blue color coming from your headlights is illegal. These fake bulbs areclike led lights. It is really bright but it doesn’t throw a far beam and can only illuminate about 30-40 feet in front of car where real Hid lights will illuminate over 120 feet plus. The higher the temperature of hid buld the bluer it becomes but the higher the temperature the less bright it is but is more blinding. This is because the spectrum of light becomes unfocused and shines everywhere.
The lower the number the brighter the light, for instance it starts at 3,000k which is kinda yellowish and goes up to 25k which is purpleish in color. The bluish color is from about 7,000k to about 9,000k and highest temperature i have sold is 8,000k but warning my buyers that putting out a bluish light is illegal. I recommended 5,000-6,000k light temperature because its a nice white and very bright without throwing much of a blinding light because its focused unlike higher temperatures that are bluish and shine all over the place. I have hadso many cops buy from me but never higher than 6000k temperature since they themselves wouldn’t pass a safety check.

The higher temperature the more color it will have and be more blinding and bulbs since run hotter have shorter life. When cars come factory equiped with hix lights its reflector has a specific design tto it so this is why less blinding. and no matter what bulbs you out in the headlight it wouldn’t be blindkng unless its bluish or purpleish. Most of these cars have what’s called is a projector light whick looks like a magnifying glass which is designed to throw out a father beam than mostly any other type of headlight and cut off glare and if you know these cars that have these projector headligh ts when shining on a building there is a clear-cut line where the headlights stops. So now you know why some cars headlights are blinding. The more color in the light the wider the spectrum of n beam of light like a high beams. Buy kits 6,000 and below and u will be better off and if your vehicle came with projector headlight then don’t worry about blinding other drivers

At least that doesn’t actually harm other people. What I always thought was funny is people that spend thousands (upon thousands) on a radio/speaker system on their 82 Caprice when the first thousand should have gone towards a paint job and tightening up the rear bumper that rattles every time the sub hits.

I fully support this pitting. I hate those stupid HID lights even more than I hate zombie threads.

I wholeheartedly endorse this zombie. When you get older – which a large segment of the population is now busy doing whether they like it or not – a couple of things start happening to your vision which is relevant to this. One is that your night vision decreases fairly significantly. Another is that for some reason glare becomes more distracting and annoying. Oncoming HID lights are particularly wonderful on dark unlit rural roads when you’re coming around a curve and the fucking things suddenly shine directly into your eyes like a small thermonuclear explosion. I believe that everyone over 50 should be permitted – required, even – to have their car equipped with HID-seeking missiles.

On a much lesser note, I also pit all manufacturers of LED taillights. At night these things look like the brake lights are on when it’s just the normal running lights, but that isn’t the problem. The problem is when the brake lights are actually on, and you’re behind them at a stoplight. I’ve sometimes turned around and looked at the interior of my car to make sure it wasn’t just me being hypersensitive. The whole interior is lit up bright red like a Vegas whorehouse. You could read a book by it.

hahaha talk about clueless

when trunk and license plate vibrates its hilarious! They don’t know how bad it sounds outside their cars. and to spend more on sounds than the car is worth is just OMG lol

You resurrect a 3+ year old zombie thread and he’s the one who’s clueless?!