I Pit the ID-demanding GOP vote-suppressors (Part 1)

They’re already trying to use “monitors” again but who needs monitors when you can just take away the voting machines and make poor voters drive an hour to the nearest polling station?

Some aren’t even voters – they are the poll workers who got sick. (And if it’s like here in Minnesota, most of the poll ‘workers’ are actually volunteers, usually elderly (vulnerable)!

While I’d be literally the last person to dispute the honor, patriotism, and good looks of Minnesota election judges, most of us are paid a pittance. I think that of 8 or 9 workers in my precinct in the March primary, only one refused his pay. Line judges make $10 an hour in Ramsey County, I think, and the highest paid worker is the head election judge, who makes $14 an hour. On primary day I noticed that Arby’s had a sign saying that was what their employees started at.

I’m not a young man, and might be considered especially at risk, but when I got the e-mail asking if I would work the August primary and the November general election, I responded, “Hell, yes.” It isn’t often that a man my age gets offered a chance to maybe risk his life for his country.

Not that I’m looking forward to spending 16 hours in a mask, and whatever PPE they provide.

A federal judge from Florida’s Northern District has ruled that the state legislature’s efforts prevent the restoration of voting rights to ex-felons who still owe fines and fees is unconstitutional.

If you’re interested in reading the full 125-page order, you can download the PDF here. This will absolutely get appealed to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Of all the nasty tricks the Republican fuckers have played, I think this one ticks me off the most. The referendum restoring felons’ rights to vote passed with overwhelming and bi-partisan support. The ensuing legislation, rightfully under attack, was passed for one shitty reason only.

Some of my RW relations have been circulating articles about the “11,000 illegal voters” found in Pennsylvania. Except that 1) the actual number isn’t anywhere near 11,000 and 2) not only would this not have been prevented by voter ID, the problem was literally caused by the process of obtaining a driver’s license (the process was amended in 2017 to prevent further recurrence).

It should not be surprising but it seems the effort to disenfranchise voters is a very, very well funded conspiracy.

From that link:

This shows in truth we are finished as a free nation. Trump is a symptom not a cause.

Wait until the DoJ amplifies this message with threats of federal prosecution for voter fraud.

Remember when some Republicans demonstrated how easy it was to commit voting fraud by committing voting fraud? Well, now they’re showing us how easy it is to tamper with postal votes by tampering with postal votes (or rather requests for postal votes).

Obviously a false flag operation by a disgruntled USPS employee upset that Trump is not funding his retirement. Possibly directed by the Postmaster General himself, depending on if that person has ever said a bad thing about Trump.

Crystal Mason has been acquitted by an appeals court. That won’t fix the horror she has lived under due to this Texas racist horseshit, but hopefully she’ll get the support she needs to recover her life. Who would certainly throw money into a go fund me if she had one.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at I Pit the ID-demanding GOP vote-suppressors (Part 2).