I pit unprofessional restaurant "general managers"

My ire with parking lot speeders was not aimed at you who have admitted you messed up, but with parking lot speeders in general who don’t seem to have a clue about how dangerous what they’re doing is, and of course there’s absolutely no enforcement to enlighten them.

How could he not have superbreath? He had superlungs, a superdiaphragm, and super abs. Superbreath just follows naturally.

1938 Superman was just super. He wasn’t super-dee-duper like today’s Superman. Plain old superbreath won’t erode a cinderblock wall to sand in a going-out-to-dinner-at-a-restaurant-and-have-to-get-home-in-time-to-see-CSI Miami timeframe.

Ah…OK.

OK…well, the thing is I didn’t want to talk exact finances. I used $14k as an illistrative point. In reality, there is some level in-between that I’d have to make a judgement call on as to the break-point, I mean, I don’t have a formula or anything for it. It kind of depends on “how are the finances now”, “what does the budget look like for the next 6 months”, etc.

I don’t think having $4000 to cover is that big a deal when I read all the time on the SDMB about people buying new cars, paying $300k or more for a house, getting a new plasma HDTV, or taking snorkling vacations twice yearly to Cabo. My assistant at work paid $3000 for his television recently; I’m still watching my free 1978 JC Penney’s 18-inch color and with no cable or sat service (avoiding a $50+ monthly charge). I reckon he spent nearly $4000 in his first year on his new TV plus his cable+Dish network thing…it depends on what you want to do.

I have a $1000 deductable, which makes a difference as well. Another thing is my insurance company is notorious for taking the absolute lowball bid on collision repair, and when I get the car fixed I want it to be from a shop I trust, even if it’s more expensive. So there are other intangibles at play.

I understand now; thank you very much for the polite clarification. :slight_smile:

actually, Batman would have painted the Batmobile with Bat-Anti-Concrete Spray and Bat-Cinderblock-Repellent before even leaving the Batcave…

Um, yes, sorry. I was paraphrasing Blackadder II, when Queenie is impressed by Edmund having a thousand pounds in his pocket as loose change. She says “Gosh, that’s flash.”

The definitions you discovered, Una, is more correctly “flashy”.

“flash” is rather an outdated phrase, really. Hence why I use it sometimes.

Thank you very much, for politely explaining as well.

Jeeze, we’re all so polite - quick, somebody throw a flameball or we’re all gonna get kicked into MPSIMS! :smiley:

You all felch goats!

Happy to oblige

All you goats felch. :stuck_out_tongue:

Felch all you goats! :mad:

Goats felch you all? :dubious:

You felch all goats? :eek: