I was in an armed robbery last night!

Bodega it´s a spanish word, basically a place where stuff is kept, like la bodega del barco, the ship´s cargo hold, bodega de vino, a wine cellar, etc… I´ve never hear it used for a store though.

You shoulda whipped out some kung-fu and gone all Jackie Chan on them!

Well, okay, maybe not. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’re okay. You may want to think about anything sensitive you may have had in your phone (private numbers, speed-dialed bank, whatever) before you just write it off. My mom had hers stolen once and ended up having to fight several charges and change bank accounts (she hadn’t stored it, but it was in the REcent Calls list, doh!).

Also, a similar experience I had once:

I pull up to my favorite gas station at about 2:00am. At the time I was driving a Crown Victoria. I open the door, step halfway out, and realize there’s a guy in a ski mask standing in the doorway staring at me and holding a VERY LARGE GUN.

I’d like to say I went all Hollywood and saved the day, but no. I simply stared back. Brain… not… processing…

He shouts over his shoulder, “It’s the cops!” and takes off running. Right after him comes another guy, also in a ski mask, who takes off in the other direction. Both of them had guns.

A few seconds after that and the clerk comes out. He and I look at each other, then he says, “You’re not a cop, are you?”

“Nope.”

We both had a good, adrenaline-fueled laugh. He had a hard time explaining to the 911 dispatcher why he was laughing while reporting a robbery, though.

(I was wearing black slacks, black work boots, and a blue shirt under a black jacket that has white and yellow lettering on the arms. I’ve been accused before of being security or a cop when wearing the same clothes. Heh.)

OK, did anybody else see the Thread Title & think: " Gee The New and Improved Superman, how much did you get?" :smiley:

Me too. :mad: Thanks for beating me to it this time. :wink:

It crossed my mind for a minute and I giggled a bit.

Glad that you came out of the situation unharmed. Pretty scary stuff. Did it seem like it was moving in slow motion? Did they use any cliche lines?

Yams!! I’m half tempted to use the last line of your post for a sig line.

I learned the word from Paul Simon’s “Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes”

And she said, “honey take me dancing,”
But they ended up by sleeping in a doorway,
By the bodegas and the lights on Upper Broadway,
Wearing diamonds on the soles of their shoes

C’mon mang hook me up u know im good 4 it

Close - I thought confessing to it on a message board would be the epitome of “Dumb Criminals”.

I am thankful I live in a place where such crime/violence is unheard of.