I went and saw Centralia, PA yesterday...

Life After People

Thirded – we’ve been going to their annual Phall Phun Phest every October for…mmm…11 years now? Always a good time.

There is Jazzland in New Orleans, a rather large abandoned amusement park owned by Six Flags. Anyone know of a site that has pix of it?

And Knoebels is awesome, like stepping back in time. Not too many amusement parks feature pierogis, birch beer, and pickles on a stick!

Jazzland.

Thanks!

I’ll be driving by there in a couple of weeks and am tempted to check it out, but with my luck, I’d get busted.

Here’re a couple tips to avoid trouble with the law:

1. Trespassing is a minor offense and usually brings you no more than a “get off the property now!” Anyplace youcan just walk right into is unlikely to be a risk of more than trespass.
  2. Breaking and Entering is much more serious. If you can’t get in without using tools, you’re unequivocally into B&E. Scaling fences and suchlike is questionable.
  3. Taking souveniers (i.e. stealing) and tagging (i.e. vandalizing) make it much more likely you’ll land in shit if the law dogs catch you there.

Would wearing a high visibility jacket and rolling a trundle wheel help?

Generally looking like you have a legit reason for being there goes a long way toward deflecting unwanted attention.

So for an abandoned amusement park, would wearing a hockey mask and carrying an axe make me look legit :smiley:

If you’ve never driven that stretch of I-10, there is nothing in the area but swamp. They literally have overgrown exits that disappear into a swamp. They should have made it a halloween themed park. I think I would draw suspicion just getting off the highway there.

Thanks for the advice. I might scope it out and see how secure the place is. If I can just walk in, then maybe…

that is the strangest sight I have seen is a long time. I guess it is better that the gas is burning rather than building up in some hollow to erupt at the first spark-but dang it looks like a B movie. I wonder how many places like that exist on the earth?