Identify this mugshot

That’s Al Gettout!

Stop! Serious guess, from having seen other pictures of him:

W. Clement Stone, founder of, …some insurance company. Combined? Combine? Something like that. Younger years, of course.

The identification number is cut-and-pasted from this picture

I think it is supposed to be John Dillinger, but it has had some editorial attention, to say the least.

Wow.* I still have a comic with SSS. From 1971 I think. Never thought I’d see that name in print again, much less his picture.

• I guess that should be “Oh, WOW…” with an insipid grin on my face.

I’m wondering, also, if it might be Russell Gibson. He was with Alvin Karpis, or Dillinger, I can’t remember which, at one time.

Its Lord Lucan.

Wanted in connection of the of the Murder of his kid’s nanny

I think you nailed it manila!

I don’t think so. I understand that Lord Lucan disappeared before he could be arrested. There were no mugshots of him.

Looks like he could be an ancestor of Kevin Bacon.

What do you mean? like all those mugshots at the end of the opening credits of Criminal Minds?

I’ve never seen Criminal Minds.

However, the show was Doctor Who, the episode was a take on Ocean’s Eleven type caper. At one point a computer briefly showed a list of notable robbers. The shots included several fictional characters from the show, plus Bugs Moran, Pretty Boy Floyd, and mystery man.

He’s certainly not recognisable as a character from the show. He’s therefore likely to be a real person, probably a gangster or bank robber, and not a common murderer like Lucan.

Not recognisable as a character from the show yet. Given that the image is apparently a composite, I think there could be some mileage in matching the face against modern actors. His appearance could be an Easter Egg pointing to a forthcoming episode.

I* don’t think the image is a composite. Why would they cut & paste a number from a random mugshot? It’s trivially easy to make a fake number, if they wanted to.

I’d say this man indeed bears a striking resemblance to Lord Lucan. The picture originally might not have been a mugshot and the number photoshopped.

I agree that it looks a lot like Lucan, but it’s so warped, it’s hard to be sure. My vote would be for Lucan, but I wouldn’t be shocked to be wrong, either. Is it possible it’s an actor who played Lucan? I don’t watch Dr. Who, but my husband does, and the idea that there could be a future episode, not yet shown, but at least written and partially cast, featuring Lucan seems like a possibility.

Criminal Minds, just so people get the reference, is a show about an FBI unit that does nothing but hunt serial killers (it’s actually pretty unintentionally funny, which is why I never miss it). The opening credits feature that lead actors against a display of mugshots. The mugshots in the center are pretty recognizable as people like Charles Manson and John Wayne Gacy. The ones toward the edge are less recognizable, and I’ve never paused it and tried to identify them all, but I’ve been told some of them are characters from the show, and not real criminals. Some, FWIW, are real criminals, but not real “serial killers,” the way the FBI defines it, like Susan Smith.

Sounds like a similar thing.

Google image search suggests Ringo Starr and Salvador Dali, but I’ve never had any luck with Google image search.

There might be an obscure connection between Dr. Who and Lord Lucan: English actor Rory Kinnear played Lord Lucan in a two-part TV series. And Kinnear, for a time, was also considered a candidate for the role of Dr. Who.

I’m confused then - how do you think the numbers are the same in both photos (not just the same number, but also the same defects in the number cards?

Looks a lot like this 1920s Sydney Australia mugshot labeled “E.L. Montacue”. But I can’t find any reference to that name except the mugshot.

Shakenandstirredweb bottom middle.