[QUOTE=gigi]
You think that’s hot, how about “down to whom I could talk”.
[/QUOTE]
Closer still. Maybe “down on whom I could sit.”
[QUOTE=gigi]
You think that’s hot, how about “down to whom I could talk”.
[/QUOTE]
Closer still. Maybe “down on whom I could sit.”
I still have not found that for which I am looking.
[QUOTE=jjimm]
I like big buttocks and I cannot lie.
My fellow black men, you’re sure to agree with me:
When a young lady enters the premises with a small waist
Yet a large bottom that fills one’s view,
One becomes aroused!
One wishes to take out one’s penis!
Because one knows that the young lady’s trousers are straining
At the immensity of her posterior.
[/QUOTE]
Bravo! Bravo!
That one always bugged me, since it wouldn’t hurt the song to use correct grammer. [sub]I can’t believe someone beat me to it :([/sub]
[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Closer still. Maybe “down on whom I could sit.”
[/QUOTE]
'Down on whom I could go"?
[QUOTE=gigi]
'Down on whom I could go"?
[/QUOTE]
The grammarian should be satisfied whether the individual involved is or not.
![]()
What is the lowest bass note that you can reach?
Black men are quite aware of the existence of the death penalty.
We celebrate Mr. D, the leader of our band, who is known for his rhyming ability.
I get very frightened when approached by the police.
Although I do present a somewhat gangster-like image, I’ve never even owned a firearm!
I am somewhat marginalized because I use my musical success as a vehicle to espouse the teachings of Louis Farrakhan.
I really do believe you should take the time to listen to his message.
Hopefully I can use my music to influence a social movement to that end.
I’ve received quite a lot of positive feedback which encourages me.
And I feel we have a great chance of success.
Geez, I do not even know if the proper form is Two out of three is not bad or Two out of three are not bad…
A subtle one: “I’d like to thank you for letting me be myself again.”
What’s Tom Cat going to sing while pitching woo? “Are You or Are You Not My Baby?” It’s got no zazz, man!
Talking Heads
This is not a party
Nor is it a disco
I am not fooling around
This is not a mudd club
Nor is it CBGB
I don’t have time for that at the moment
I have my mojo working, but it does not seem to work on you.
I do not have any grass
I do not have any acid
I do not have any clothes
I do not have a pad
I do not have any apples
I do not have a knife
I do not have any guns
I do not have any garbage
I do not have a draft card
That don’t have the same rhythm, do it?
Our galaxies’ main source of energy, the Sun, ceases photon emission during the period my lover is not in close temporal proximity to my location. My abode is in an undefined state.
(and Mr. Withers clearly understands the scientific method, since this incongruity is endlessly repeatable, since “anytime she goes away”…
(I should think running lyrics through language translators could be a lot of fun as well)
Originally posted by Common Tater
(I should think running lyrics through language translators could be a lot of fun as well)
Today 08:34 AM
I know, i know, i know, i know, i know, i know, i know , i know , i know, i know, i know…
ETA: I posted before Tater added Mr. Withers.
From Hair:
I have no home
You must be so
I have no shoes
You must be poor
I have no money
You must be, honey
I have no class
You must be common
I have no scarf
You must not be hot
I have no gloves
You miust be Cold
You must be Beat
I have no pot
You must be Busted
I have no faith
You must be Catholic
One of the (many) verses to the children’s classic “It ain’t gonna rain no more” goes
Some of you are conflating two different games. Fixing bad grammar is not the same as using more $10 words.
“Nobody does it half as well as you”
which in my mind sounds better than the original. Trom the first time I heard it as the theme song for The Spy who Loved Me I have hated the “Nobody does it half as good as you”. There is no reason for the good instead of the well other than illiteracy of the lyricist. It does not mess up any rhyme, internal or end. Nor does it foul up any beat. To my ear “well” flows into the next word even better than “good”.
A few oldies:
I’m Not Behaving Badly
Queensboro Bridge Song
It’s Wonderful
To Whom Can I Turn?
The United States, the Beautiful
I Can’t Buy Myself Love
Jeremiah Was a Ranidae catesbeiana.
He’s Not Overweight, He’s My Brother
[QUOTE=Hometownboy]
It certainly seems to be funky at present. (James Brown)
[/QUOTE]
Is that the Pat Boone version?
Isn’t Any Way (Aretha)