If I lliked Honor Harrington...

How about the “Dresden Files” series by Jim Butcher?

J.

Bujold writes too slow too. Dangit.

[QUOTE=Chronos]
I’m having a hard time parsing this. How would killing the First Space Lord help with getting on with action? And who are TFN? The most likely next opponents are Mesa and/or the Solarian league.

Or is there also a character named Hamish in one of the other series mentioned here?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah ya got me on a nitpick with the sollies , but Id honestly have to go back and see if their designation is the SDF or solarian defense forces, I used Terran Federated Navy , simply cause I forgot and that one normally tends to end up in a few of his series.

Hamish may be the first space lord ,but he is also Honors love interest at the moment and those scenes tend to drag out the books in my opinion. Like her last love interest Paul Tankersly , its just a matter of waiting for the axe to drop.

As to the last , its a matter of speculation as to who will be the next opponent. Mesa certainly has it coming , but in regard to the sollies , it may simply be an element of the solarian fleet that gets drawn into combat.

But thats what he does so well.

Declan

[QUOTE=Helena]
Bujold writes too slow too. Dangit.
[/QUOTE]

And no longer seems to writing about Miles :frowning:

[QUOTE=Stuffy]
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I guess I should mention I’m not into much fantasy, but the Bujold and Sheperd books look promising. I read the Feintuch books, they were good but the protagonist was kind of depressing. For the Bujold books, can someone tell me a good place to start?
[/QUOTE]

Lois-Bujold mailing list
Lois-Bujold@lists.herald.co.uk
http://lists.herald.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/lois-bujold

Eh, I think that after the resolution in the last book, that won’t need to take up too much space. I predict a chapter on the Grayson reaction after the news gets out, and maybe a half-dozen paragraphs scattered through the rest of the book.

[QUOTE=Reepicheep]
And no longer seems to writing about Miles :frowning:
[/QUOTE]
There is going to be at least one more Miles book, though last I heard she didn’t know yet when it was going to be set, chronologically. I know a lot of people have been asking for more Ivan.

StG

[QUOTE=Chronos]
They’re the story of a paladin berserker who’s initially very reluctant to answer the War God’s call, and even when he does, answers it in a very unique way.
[/QUOTE]
It’s not often a single sentence gets me as interested in a story as this one did. I’ll have to check those books out soon.