If I say Toll House cookies, what do you think?

I only know them as Toll House cookies or chocolate chip cookies. I had no clue they were Nestle brand.

The first thing that crosses my mind when I hear Toll House cookie is MILK!!!

The second thing is an image of the Toll House in West Springfield MA. I don’t know what it is. Maybe a hotel or a boarding house. I just remember the name and I can see the neighborhood perfectly.
It doesn’t not make me think that I want a cookie, even though I do love them.

My grandmother always called homemade chocolate chip cookies “toll house” and we’d ask what she meant and she’d sigh and roll her eyes and say “chocolate chip” and sigh. Then that Nestle’s ad hit the airwaves and she seemed just a wee bit less crazy to us.

I agree. Nothing could ruin a chocolate chip cookie like nuts. I can’t understand why it is even in the recipe. I suppose one thing could be worse than nuts. Ever bite into an oatmeal raisin cookie thinking it was chocolate chip? Then you are stuck with possibly the worst cookie in all history of man kind, because you already bit it, and you can’t be rude and throw it in the trash. I like oatmeal cookies, just not raisins.

I use Crisco instead of butter and the cookies come out much, much better. Instead of flattening out and getting burned around the edges they stay thicker and come out a uniform shade of golden brown. I also slightly undercook them so the dough stay grainy and slightly chewy.

First thing is cookies definitely, but not a specific type though. And as kid, we used M&M’s, so a little bit different from the chocolate chip cookie mentioned.
Although, that gave me a good idea, Chocolate chip has a total of 13 letters in the two words, whereas Toll House has only 9 words, and it’s all inclusive…
Therefore that’s a saving of four Whole Letters! and the savings are passed on to you! the Consumer!

I think of fresh, warm gooey chocolate chip cookies. I also see the bag of chocolate chips in my mind.

I think of the Nestle recipe, too. We never buy Nestle brand chips because they are more expensive than even the really yummy Ghiradelli chips, so I don’t have that recipe on hand. We always use a recipe from the Pillsbury cookbook published in the 90’s. It’s much better.

Of course, lately I’ve been using ATK’s melted butter recipe because I’m without a mixer and melted butter recipes mix up easier by hand.

And now I want chocolate chip cookie dough.