If the shutdown continues, what happens tax refunds from the IRS?

If the IRS will collect taes, and you know it will, it sure should give refunds that are due.

Too funny to respond to.

AFAIK, while the Federal Government is required to issue tax refunds, there’s no time requirement. Just because they can issue refunds faster, doesn’t mean that HAVE to issue them as quick as possible. I remember the days when you were lucky to get your refund check in 6-8 weeks.

That said, Trump just announced that refunds will be issued on time, though it’s being debated whether it’s legal to do so or not. Most likely another ploy to blame it on the Democrats if it doesn’t pass Congress.

Here in Hawaii, we’ve had a few years, where the State delayed refunds. The latest in 2017 because of fears of fraud and in other years, just because of a shortfall of monies to pay out.

Strong union.

“Should.”

I saw on the news about how some TSA workers in Palm Springs airport were warned they must show up to work, despite the ongoing lack of a paycheque. I guess the 13th Amendment is irrelevant. I wonder if the same applies to the IRS?