If your sibling was obliviously in love with another sibling, would you tell her

Sorry for fighting the hypothetical, but why on earth would I have agreed to keep this a secret? I wouldn’t make a solemn promise of secrecy to anyone (especially not my real sister, who’s kind of psycho) without having a pretty good idea of the nature of the secret, I wouldn’t agree to keep a pending marriage a secret from the rest of the family without a very good reason, and in this hypothetical I already know that “Cousin” is our half-brother when Sister tells me they’re planning to elope.

Even if I had for some reason made such a promise, I’d still go to Auntie and tell her what was going on. As a general rule it’s best to keep one’s promises, but this is an extreme situation and I would not feel obligated to cover up incest just because Sister wanted to surprise everyone with the news that she and Cousin got married.

Another thing: why on Earth did Auntie tell me and not her own son, who is the person affected? Why did I need to know?

Frankly, knowing most families, I’d be inclined to think she was making it up to drive a wedge between me and dad. Is there an inheritance anywhere? Were she and dad fighting at the time?

And how on earth would “further snooping on my part” confirm something like this? How do you confirm paternity without a DNA-test? Is my father listed on cousins birth certificate or other documents? If so, how does cousin not know? Anyway, It’ll come up when they apply for a marriage license, no need for action on my part.

So, keep mouth shut. Frankly, nothing good can come of messing with this.