I'm having a baby

Aww, poor little punkin’! She’s lovely though!

I’m sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.

Sweet little boo. Actually, she looks big for a newborn…what were her official stats? And what’s her name?

7 lbs 13.6 oz, 20 inches. Her name is Leo.

Beautiful baby. I hope they get her all sorted out soon and she’s none the worse for wear and you get her home safe and sound. Congrats!

What a beautiful little girl, such a sweet, serious face! Congratulations and wishing everyone a speedy recovery!

Beautiful, beautiful baby! I hope she’ll soon be in your wife’s arms, with yours around them both, at home safe and happy!

Update: Hi everybody, news is good. Leo had no further apnea events and has continued to breathe normally and improve. She was removed from the CPAP in the level 3 NICU yesterday and has been breathing room air normally. Her CT scan showed only a small shadow that could have been either something or nothing, one of her pediatricians said it was possibly a small bleed from her rough delivery that was healing, but in any event no massive bleeds on the brain to be resolved. Her breathing and CT scan were good enough to get her moved to the level 2 NICU last night. Mom has healed as well, she is off of the medication that was incapacitating her, is ambulatory and is able to get to the NICU to see her daughter, although she is still having some troubles from the preeclampsia that may keep her in the hospital a while longer. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

I wish you and your family the best of luck, pravnik.

I am glad to hear your news. Sending out a wish for further good news!

Leo is beautiful and has a very sweet expression! Don’t let that calm demeanor fool you, though! In about 2 weeks she’ll be ruling your household with an iron fist!

Congrats to you both, glad to hear that everyone’s on the mend.

Good luck!

She is beautiful! Hearty congrats. Best wishes to you and your family.

Congratulations on the new addition. I hope she and mom can get home soon.

I gotta ask about the name - is Leo short for something else ? :confused:

From upthread: