I'm Homeless (UK).

oh jesus - is it full of tories?? :eek:

i tend to try and avoid the tube. if i can get a bus to anywhere vaguely central in the morning then i’ll run the rest.

yes i don’t mind jogging to work. yes my co-workers hate me.

Yes. That’s why it’s nice.

Don’t like tories? Live in one of the labour hell holes like peckham (or Hampstead or Putney er…I’m losing this aren’t I?)

Try www.findaproperty.com as well. Its an agents website, and it has a lot on it, but doesn’t seem to be updated very often. Most of the time when you phone up the place has gone, but the agent will usually have a couple of other places that can view. We got the place we’re living in at the moment from an agent we found on that site.

Loot is also pretty good as others have said.

I can’t really advise about areas, as i’ve always lived south of the river and it sounds like you’re trying to avoid that! If you want any advice about south london areas on the northern and victoria lines though just let me know. I’ve lived in most of them at one point or another!

Garius, 3 of my mates in Walthamstow have a house share and one of them is moving out in June. £300 pcm but its just the one room. Quite close to Victoria Line.
I’d suggest checking in Loot, or going round the Zone3-4 stations and looking in newsagents windows. Ignore the “dusky maiden, unhurried service” cards and you’ll find some cheapo houses.

hammersmith is the new option - there are two female co-workers of gariMate who are househunting too, and we were looking at four beds.

Brainfizz - i looked at walthamstow, its quite a nice area (my sister lives there)

hmmm…

I’m an Arsenal Fan and Blairite. Does that make me the Anti-Owlstretchingtime

Can i be your nemesis? :slight_smile:

West Hampstead is very good, not as expensive as Hampstead proper but getting that way. Kentish Town shouldn’t be horrendously expensive (it’s not that nice). Camden Road has some decent places and isn’t as expensive as Camden Town. Golders Green and Belsize Park are good if you can afford them but I certainly can’t.

I got my current place in Loot after months of trawling the internet (and never finding anything and when I thought I had, it was a dive).
I got 2 issues of Loot - easy peasy - with cheaper and better quality, letting agents don’t tell you about the damp, the cockroaches, and the fact that the “bedroom” was once a living room but now has a double bed shoved in front of the fire!
Stokey’s fairly cheap, down the road from Manor House tube, loads of restaurants and pubs - and Clissold Park. 73 bus… need I go on? lol

proximity to good beer is, of course, our primary concern. :wink:

Last Night I was at wimbledon station, and there’s a newsagent there that is chocca with accommodation ads for the Sw19 area, which is nice and easy to get into town from (I live in southfields).

If you could stick another ton(ish) on your budget; robert would be your father’s brother.

So, nemesis, there you go: Tolerable and affordable

Owl (the solutions bloke).

ta Owl but we can’t afford another ton - not without sacrificing important things like:

1. Sky TV
  2. Broadband

Which we aren’t prepared to do :smiley:

It’s fun to stay at the YMCA

:smiley:

I live near to Ramsbottom , for all those enjoying a good laugh at English place names.