I'm pregnant!

Congratulations! Enjoy the adventure!

I don’t know about other people; we got an app.

Zsofia, you seem like such a nice person. I’m sure you will be an awesome parent.
Good luck! We expect to hear all sorts of interesting pregnancy stories here.

There’s an app for that? And we went doing it twice the hard way like a sucker!

Congratulations! I’m sending a virtual slightly creepy baby bump rub to you!

So…best to you.

Temper too much enthusiasm with an understanding that something like half of all fertilizations don’t progress to a baby.

Nothing wrong with getting totally caught up in the moment. I’m just sayin…

Is it that many? I thought it was more like one in four (and I assumed that was skewed in one way or another.)

Well, with modern technology we learn that babby has been formed before even missing a period: without that tech, those that don’t progress beyond a few days don’t get noticed and therefore don’t get counted.
ETA: Sticky!

Hey hey hey!!! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, best wishes, etc. :smiley:

Here’s hoping everything goes perfectly, and many congratulations to you!

I mean, any stat you see you figure there’s gotta be some crackheads in there throwing the curve, right?

At any rate, today’s my actual missed period and symptoms are still going strong.

Congratulations and best wishes for a sticky bean! Is this your first pregnancy?

The numbers I was told by doctors is more like one in five (after a positive pregnancy test.)

Anyhow, here’s to a smooth and uneventful pregnancy. Congrats!

Just to provide a cite: Half of very early pregnancies are lost, 15% to 20% are lost between (what I’m assuming is) the missed period and seven weeks. This is all supported by the anecdotal evidence I have from my six years as a member of a trying to conceive website. Chances for a successful pregnancy improve more once the heartbeat is detected (around 6 - 7 weeks) and then are very slim after the first tri.

Either way, in the majority of cases, all is well and I don’t think discussing the potential for pregnancy loss in a thread where someone is excited and announcing their pregnancy is very comforting. So let’s just be happy for Zsofia and stop stressing her out.

Agreed.

May you have a boring but enjoyable 8 months ahead of you!
If someone asked you to name your price to let them pick your baby’s middle name, what figure would you come up with?

Depends on who that person was, I suppose! I’d let 'em have it for a million, I never was a good negotiator.

Hell, I’d let em have it for college tuition.

More like, those of us who tend to lose pregnancies early, tend to lose a lot of them early and skew the statistics.

Congratulations! Wishing you an easy pregnancy and delivery!