"I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me"

I wouldn’t call him a maginalised minority in San Francisco.

True. Some gays do have children adopted by both partners and in that case similar issues would apply like your spouses job and wanting to live in an area with good schools. However the person mentioned in the OP doesnt mention having this.

That’s an advantage to being single and child-free, not to being gay. Gay folks can bear and raise children, and now that they can (in most states) marry, they are subject to the same challenges that married het couples have faced for a long time.

If gay women can’t bore a hole I don’t know who could.

Absolutely wrong. I can take great pride in the struggles of the past (both external and internal), and how I and others worked to overcome them . . . and succeeded. I have grown in so many ways that I probably wouldn’t have if I’d been straight.

Best argument against gay marriage ever!

TV AD: [music: Music Box Dancer played on music box pins, gradually slowing & flattening; lighting changing gradually from green to yellow and finally to umber; 10 second montage of young man progressing from high school football hero, prom king, college grad, marriage, energetic desk jockey and freeze: morph from young, trim & eager to old, fat, balding, & crushed. Fade in around him pictures of frumpy, beat-down wife, screeching babies, derisive teens.

FADE TO BLACK – FADE IN WHITE BLOCK TEXT] “Don’t let this happen to you.”
[FADE IN BELOW]“Gays against marriage”

“But seriously” . . . I can only “mate with” 105 million men? That’s not a disadvantage, it’s an impossibility. And it works both ways: I’m only competing with 3% of males, not half of humanity.

But all I need is one man in my life, and I’ve got him.

I don’t know what you’re implying but whatever it is, it’s incredibly offensive.

Either you’re saying he’s a straight man who’s pretending to be gay to score some fabulous PC points with the media, which makes him a person who totally invalidates the gay experience. A heavy charge for a man who grew up in Alabama in the 1970s and must of seen and faced incredibly prejudice and stigmatization.

Or, you’re saying he came out for purely narcissistic, self serving reasons which is the opposite of the truth given how late he’s coming out. Tim Cook has been like Anderson Cooper in that he’s been open about his sexuality in private for a long, long time but he’s also always been private about his personal life because he’s never felt it relevant to the job he’s doing. If he wanted to come out for self serving reasons, he would have done it a long time ago. He’s coming out now because he feels like it could do some good in the world, not because he has some perverse desire to be feted as a minority.

Or, and this is more likely, they’re saying that being white and male means he’s never going to be a true minority, and cannot possibly know what discrimination really is, because “intersectionality” is what you practice at a four-way stop with no traffic lights.

As we all know, power is always and forever held by certain groups, which are Privileged in any and all interactions, and they’re Wrong. Especially when they try to talk about the challenges they faced. The only response to that is denying and minimizing their experiences, because they’re not real minorities, after all, and therefore have achieved nothing on their own.

(This is what’s left when a reasonable theory gets gutted and its skin gets worn by someone trying to pass as a caring human being.)

And I thought he couldn’t be any less jerky than Jobs.

In the news today they’re saying a memorial to Steve Jobs in a tech park in russia has been taken down because it violates their gay propaganda laws and endangers children.

I can’t wait till Putin gets busted fellating a circus clown in a public restroom. The phobia is so strong with him it’s just a matter of when, not if.

Kind of offensive.

As far as Mr. Cook’s comments it looked bizare as an out of context headline, but in context I get what the is saying.

I don’t know how much he really cares himself. He’s a weird bird. He’s definitely pandering to his conservatives, just like in the US.

I followed this from a link from another post, so have not read all the other comments. But as far as the greatest gift from God is being gay. I understand this as the gift is begin able to live as you were made to live, not having to hide who you are also to be accepted for who you are, not having to conform to who society insists you must be. So in that I can see a great deal of thankfulness expressed for God to place him in a land that allows him to be exactly who he is to be, thus the greatest gift, being himself and acceptance for that.

Oh come on - it’s not that hard to become gay.

Regards,
Shodan

Just wait until he outs himself as the one who was really pushing the Newton.

Are you kidding me? The gym hours alone are practically a full time job!