Impending US Civil War?

Don’t forget that every state has its own army, and the majority Federal domestic military assets are based within the states’ territories . . .

I dunno, when I was young it seemed like the country was just as divided and passionate as now, if not more. Then Gillette puts a damn battery into a safety razor and makes all the blood spilled over the razor wars seem silly.

Former Kansas State Trooper Greg Everson isn’t a trusted source? It even says he “cited verifiable information confirmed by an active duty US Air Force Colonel, three chiefs of Police, a local Sheriff, State Troopers in 3 neighboring Midwest states and a Federal agent he has known for twenty years.” Hell, if that isn’t proof of the gov’ment is planning to kill 50 milliion gun owners using data collected by Census workers to program military targeting computers to coincide with an invasion by the Chinese from the west and Mexico from the south, I don’t know what is!

If that isn’t enough to trust, I checked the EU Times about page, it looks like they’ve been providing such reliable information since ummm… October. This year.

I can imagine a war between bears and ninjas, but that don’t make it likely.

From the first of the linked articles:

Well. that’s pretty specific, at least as far as timing goes. The article is datelined 11 December; 45-60 days puts launch of this notional civil war around the end of January 2010. What precipitating factor is there that would result in ‘computer models’ predicting a general insurrection in the dead of winter? Aside from some hopelessly vague comment about ‘theft’ by the federal reserve, not a thng, near as I can see. So, if we get to Easter and the revolution has not yet been televised, can we agree the articles are pretty much bullshit from beginning to end?

Now, as long as we’re on the subject, I know it’s kind of a quaint notion, but both the linked articles seem to come pretty close to sedition. Am I in error on this?

Yes but this article was posted by Europe. And Europe’s always been straight with me.

Yes, well, I guess the title “EU Times” should give me a clue as to where it’s located, eh?

In my defence, I’m a bit tired.

I’d have no problem with an article being posted by Pierre Dubois or Gunther Schmidt or Salvatore Rossi. But “Posted by Europe”? Are we supposed to feel that an entire continent collaborated on writing this article?

Yep… Florida. :slight_smile:
A whois domain lookup for eutimes.net:

Registrant:
 Jessica Nachtman
 16435 E. Stallion Dr.
 Loxahatchee, FL 33470
 US

Domain name: EUTIMES.NET

Administrative Contact:
    Nachtman, Jessica  
    16435 E. Stallion Dr.
    Loxahatchee, FL 33470
    US
    +1.5617182424
 Technical Contact:
    Nachtman, Jessica  
    16435 E. Stallion Dr.
    Loxahatchee, FL 33470
    US
    +1.5617182424

So… I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest this particular bit of crazy doesn’t reflect the overall opinion of Europe, but rather one Jessica Nachtman of Loxahatchee, FL… who can apparently be found on Twitter under the name “AlabasterGirl”, with a bio that reads: “White Nationalist with Libratarian views. Proud Mother & wife. 4th Generation Floridian. Aspiring Priestess of Freyja.”

And what is a “Libratarian”? A liberal librarian? :slight_smile:

A librarian who thinks that books should shelve themselves and not insist that valuable taxpayer dollars go to paying librarians to shelve them.

A person who organizes women’s undergarments according to the Dewey Decimal system of course. Sheesh, kids these days.

A person who believes rights and freedoms should be tied to one’s Zodiac sign.
I, for one, believe Aquarians should have unlimited freedom of speech, but Cancers should get the right to drive over the speed limit. Leos, those only get the right to remain silent. Serves those assholes right.

What part of that sentiment can’t you comprehend?

I take it you are among the “educated” and those people aren’t?

Weird indeed.

In fact, I think there has already been a GD thread about that prediction.

The “back” makes no sense at all.

For some reason, a lot of White Nationalists these days are into Norse neopaganism. Probably because you can’t get much whiter than that . . . maybe also because Norse mythology is so violent and grim.

Sure it does. You could argue that the “my” doesn’t make any sense though.

The point is it’s simply a phrase every bit as meaningful as “Change we can believe in”.

Americans are too fat, lazy and intellectually dumbed-down to conduct a revolution. Revolutions take work.

Any country that can become obsessed for weeks over Tiger Woods’ sex life and people like Lindsey Lohan could never muster the energy for a revolution.

Besides, if a revolution did start, it would peter out as soon as the Dancing With The Stars broadcast aired.

However, I shall never forgive them for The Final Countdown.