In Memory of Elaine M. Scheidt, 1956-2001.

Sara, your OP was a beautiful tribute to your aunt. I don’t know what you believe, but I hope that somehow she knows how grateful you are to her and how much you will miss her.

Sara, I am sorry for your loss.

{Sarah}

[sub]Maybe we can get a crying emoticon now?[/sub]

Sarah, I never knew her but, because of your memories, I miss her too. The world is worse off without her.

{{{{{Sarah}}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss, Sarah.

Your aunt lives on in your love and appreciation for her, and in the person she helped you to become. You will see her in every remarkable thing that you find yourself doing your whole life long. Many people truly love us, but it takes a very special person to not only LOVE you, but to make you so secure in that love that you never doubt it, never wonder if it is there, and never EVER cease to count yourself lucky that you have had it.

I would like to share with you something I saw recently.

“Perhaps
they are not
the stars,
but rather openings
in Heaven
where the love
of our lost ones
pours through
and shines down
upon us
to let us know
they are
happy.”

Inspired by an Eskimo legend

I have lost several deeply loved people in the past few years, and while I don’t presume to think that I understand how you feel, I am here if you want to talk.

(((Sarah)))

Scotti

Nacho

While I feel that any words I can possibly utter would be useless, all I can say is that I am truly sorry. It is hard losing someone close, especially a “hero”.

I couldn’t possibly begin to speak, but I can offer support and help with anything you need.

Tripler
:frowning:

Reading your OP gave me chills. My mom’s name is Elaine… she’s very far away right now. Thanks for reminding me to call my mom.

I’m sorry for your loss.

I’m so so so sorry, Sarah.

Oh Sara, I am so sorry. We all have been moved by your tribute to your aunt. She sounds like a wonderful person. What a blessing she has been in your life. What she did for you, and her memory, is forever alive in you. No one can ever take that away.

{{{{{{sara}}}}}

{{{{{{SARA}}}}}}}

No words, sara, no words.

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

{{{{{{Nacho4Sara}}}}}}

I’m so sorry for your loss. I saw this on the news and in the paper, and my first thought was, “How horrible.”
It’s even more sad now that I know it was a relative of someone I (sort of) know.
Considering all she did for you, it’s obvious she was a wonderful person with a good heart.

{{{{{{Nacho4Sara}}}}}}

…how gruesome and obscenely unfair to her.

Your OP was an eloquent tribute, clearly defining her character as if we had known her ourselves. Your life is a testimony of hers; you will forever be the example, the product, of the wonder and love that was her life.

{{{{{Nacho4Sara}}}}}

I can’t add anything to what this great bunch of people have already said. I just wanted you to know that I’m thinking of you.

Dream about Auntie Elaine tonight Sara. I’m positive she’ll continue to be a source of comfort and strength.

{{{{{Nacho4Sara}}}}}

I’m so sorry for your loss.

She will live in your memory Sara, where she obviously earned a well deserved spot. How fortunate you were to have that refuge from abuse. She sounds like someone who was fun to know.

I wanted to let everyone know that it’s all over now. We just finished with the funeral. It was much harder than I thought, especially for my mom, who was nine months younger than my aunt - they were like twin sisters. Also, my Uncle Fred is a mess. He’s got cuts and bruises all over his face, a messed up knee and a broken ankle. He was actually the first car hit in the accident, and saw the explosion, but had no idea it was his wife. He said that he sees the explosion every night when he tries to sleep. He’s staying with family until he’s ready to go home.

It was wonderful to see how many people my aunt touched. It was great how my family pulled together to remember her; my cousin Jason gave a beautiful speech, and so did the doctor she was a PA for. The card my Uncle Fred had on the flower thing on her coffin said: “To my Wife Elaine - you are the brightest star in the sky that you always talked about. Love Fred.”

I’m still feeling really drained and sad, but I wanted you all to know that it’s been a huge comfort knowing that I had this outlet. Thank you to everyone who read this, or posted, or e-mailed me, or offered phone numbers. The past few days have been terribly difficult, and one of the few things that kept me going was knowing that so many people here were pulling for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I printed this thread off and wrote my aunt one last note, and it was put in her coffin before we left. So even though I know she probably thinks this message board stuff is crazy as hell, I’m sure she’s as grateful as I am for the friends I have found here.

Thanks again.

No Charge!

:slight_smile: