In remembrance of a fallen angel

hugs Tokyo Player and wife very, very tight

silently raises a glass in honor and memory of one so precious

I have no words for you.

Just know you’re in my thoughts and my heart. You, your wife, Pough, and your soon-to-be daughter.

hugs

A terrible loss. There is no sadness as deep as the loss of a child. My heart goes out to you and your wife.
But soon, sweet little kisses. Tiny arms around your neck that make the world go away. Your precious son will live in a soft, warm place in his mom’s and dad’s hearts and leave room for his sister, and you three will know the greatest possible joy, a love like no other.
When your daughter arrives, give her a grampa-hug from me.
Peace will come,
mangeorge

I remember Ian.

That was beautiful. Thank you for allowing us to share in your life. hugs tightly

No words. Just love.

You mean 2006, right? I re-read the OP and it certainly looks like you mean the loss of your first baby, beta-chan is still ok?

Steven

Yes, thank you for the correction. I had noticed it this morning but hadn’t corrected it yet.

Beta-chan is still fine, still sticky.

I’ve been really down for a couple of weeks, and it wasn’t until this weekend that I realized how much of it was about Ian.

I also talked to my sister, who said how much she had been thinking of us this month, and how much she was thinking of us over the weekend. My mother was as well, so it wasn’t a case of the whole world forgetting.

There’s a lot of mixed feelings, with the sadness of the past and the hope and joy of the future.

He is not forgotten. We remember.

His memory will be in our hearts forever, as well.

Look to the future, with your wonderful wife and baby daughter!

Yeah, I almost freaked out there, but it was obvious what he meant.
And raises glass I remember.

Not forgotten, and still looking forward to YKW *.

• YKW = You know who **

** Beta-chan

And you gave him all that you could and everything he needed during his short life.

Thirty-plus years ago, I dreamed that I died. At the moment of death, the energy of my soul joined the white light, transporting me instantly into space to take the form of a star. Then I became aware that I (we stars) knew everything. I felt everything, I had experienced everything since the beginning of time. Our purpose in life was to collect earthly experiences which our souls could share, unfettered by physical connection. We were forevermore happy, truly ecstatic. We had no doubts, no worries, no pain, no fear of anything.

I think Ian’s soul is now sharing his experience of your parental love–that it is abyssal in depth, pure and never ending, without compare. He is one of the very brightest stars, emanating his light across a ‘knowing’ universe.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Indeed. Maybe not the date, but certainly the child.

I know your pain. My son, 2 yrs old, died on August 1, 2008. My wife and I were putting together a dvd slideshow with music of our son last weekend.

I posted just to recommended a song we used for one of the slideshows: “Spring” by the John Butler Trio. It felt like the song was written for my wife and me and now I believe it was written for you too. Have plenty of tissues ready. It is a powerful song.

Would that all children felt in their lifetimes the love your son received in his one day on Earth.

Would that no parent should ever feel the loss you know every day.

May your daughter know the loving man her father is, and may we all realize the honor you have paid us by sharing with us your love and your story.

I remember Ian.

raises a glass

I want you to know that I remember Matthew, every day. You guys are in my thoughts.

{{Hugs}} to you as you remember Ian’s life. Try to remember that even through your sorrow, Ian brought joy and hope to your lives for months.