In which I make a stunning discovery about my life

TokyoPlayer, thanks for the advice… I have definitely noticed the judgemental nature of many folks, and while slightly disheartening, I take it as more of a challenge to prove them wrong and better myself. It’s a slow process, but I’ve got plenty of life ahead of me.

featherlou, in the past, most definitely. Everything was “well, I can buy that now… and make no payments for 6 months! awesome! by then, I’ll have money, I’m sure.” Not so much anymore. Addicted to spending? In retrospect, I’d have to say yes. I think I’m doing well lately of breaking the habit, and trying to learn in the process.

Cyberhwk, ain’t it the truth? Learning how to make having fun and having money not be dependant on one another hasn’t been as bad as I thought it was going to be once I set out to spend less. Then again, I’ve been told I’m easy to please. :slight_smile:

Thanks again to everyone for all of the wonderful advice and the words of encouragement, here and in PM. I know I’m not the first person to ever screw themselves over, but it’s good to know it, you know?