Insects at altitude

I once saw a huge female Praying Mantis sitting on a ledge on the outside of a 17th floor window.

He must have it to let in all that breeze coming from the hall. :rolleyes:

Karellen wrote:

Oh, good. I knew it was that show, but wasn’t quite sure (and Web resources on this particular 15-year-old series appear to be few, unfortunately).

[hijack]
I think it was in the early 1990’s that the series replayed on American TV (probably PBS). Some of the folks I was friends with at the time weren’t exactly the ‘type’ to sit around watching “nature shows,” but they got into Life on Earth mostly because Attenborough kept on trying to harm himself, through asphixiation, explosions, drowning, etc… They even learned some stuff along the way.
[/hijack]

Quit teasing.

Yes, I have a screen door. Not in a Cosmo Kramer, friendly neighbour in the apartment hallway kinda way, but on the sliding door for the balcony.

Nitpickers…

I hasten to remind you people that no one has given me a rock solid stat to completely eradicate my argument.

Actually, looking at the replies again, I notice that Perderabo pretty much nailed it. The site even says that they have caught water boatment at 200m. Crazy