Interesting trip to the Doc.

The same thing happened to my son. He is prone to mouth sores anyway, but these were different. I ended up taking him to the NP and she said “strep” and I disagreed but was shot down. We got a week’s worth of antibiotics and a numbing mouthwash. My son screamed in pain when we would have to do the mouth rinse and he didn’t eat for days. I swore I thought it was what we were jokingly calling hoof and mouth but didn’t really question it. Then I got it. Holy hell did that hurt. I remember tearfully apologizing to my son for not believing it hurt that bad. That shit was so painful I just stood in the kitchen and cried one day.

A doc since then (my mom was talking to one at work at the hospital) has since said that it probably was hand foot and mouth or possibly our first round with herpes (not the STD you pervs) and to come see him next time if we get it again. Always good to have backup!

So happy you have a doc that is able to help you, Auntbeast, and sorry you have had such rotten luck in the past.

A friend of mine was dropped on her head as well. There weren’t any noticeable effects but we use it to tease her at every possible opportunity. :smiley:

My mom brags that she didn’t have to drop me on my head. I went through a phase of flinging myself headfirst out of my crib. :smiley:

I hope this doctor knows what he is talking about so you can get some relief. Hmm. Saying, “I hope you have brain damage!” just seems wrong for some reason. Oh well.

Some doctors are just better than others. For example, apparently my tall and lanky self has the correct proportions to look like I have a genetic disorder of some kind. I’ve had two docs look at me and run off to get their encyclopedias. One of them started measuring me like he was fitting me for a suit. No other doctor I’ve seen has ever said anything. I consider both of them to be the best doctors I have seen. Though the measuring one could of clued me in to what he was doing! It was a very odd experience until he explained.

A lot of posts since I’ve checked in. Oh yeah, he also asked if I have a history of Marfan Syndrome in my past (probably what your doc was checking for Caveat lector, sounds about right).

I have to say, House, M.D. was rolling through my head the whole time, this guy was definitely not him, he was, shall we say, more likely to be at a D&D convention. Absolutely on the geek side, which works for me, since I’m one too. I could tell he was geeking out on me, I know the signs too well. :slight_smile:

I’m still researching and reading. I’m still not sure what to think, overall. I suppose that is to be expected. I appreciate everyone’s input greatly.

I do plan on doing something nice for the doc. Even if it is going back and paying him to be able to pepper him with questions.

I forgot to say that I hope he’s right; I have a weird and rare condition that took several years to pin down when I was a child, and I’ve since had a doc (who was a complete moron, not just because of this) say, “You don’t have that!” after talking to me for two minutes which left me fuming. (My joke is that I go into an orthopod’s office and the doc takes a look at me, then sticks his/her/its head out the door and said, “HEY GUYS! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!”)

Not that I actually hope you have brain damage! But knowing what’s happening is reassuring by itself.