Invent the most preposterously unlikely moral/ethical dilemma

Fire the bullet at the wall such that the ricochet kills both men. Problem solved.

Me, my girlfriend and her brother used to play this all the time.

An old Aussie favourite:

You are walking along beside a flooded river. Trees and sheep are swept past you. You hear a voice calling “Help, help,” and look down to see Prime Minister John Howard being swept along. You are carrying a camera and suddenly have the choice of saving Prime Minister Howard or taking perhaps the most dramatic news photos of all time. Your moral dilemma is …what aperture do you choose assuming bright sunlight?

:eek:

… You didn’t mean that the way I initially took it, right?

Right?

Genius. You got the job.

Now, help me set up the next one by holding onto this cup of nitrogycerine while I put a war hero on a trapeze over a busload of nuns.

Your girlfriend wouldn’t really shoot you if he said “no”, right?

You use the external 1920’s style Death Ray to summon Jacques Cousteau who free-dives into the depths of the ocean, saves your colleague but unfortunately he cuts the cord, he used to dive by, with the scissors he’s still holding from rescuing a rare carp from the hands of a nut with balls on fire. In the meantime you manage to open the airlock but have place for only one passenger. Do you rescue Cousteau or your friend who might be a potential Hitlet?

OK, you’re a guy, and for several years now you’ve been living next door to the most beautiful woman in the universe. Y’all have exchanged howdys across the lawn, but nothing else. One day, your doorbell rings, and it’s her at the door. She asks to come in, and both of you sit down in the living room, whereupon the most beautiful woman in the universe tells you that she has a fatal disease, and only has a day or so to live. You are stunned, more so when she tells you that it is in no way contagious (it’s a genetic defect) and her dying wish, the one thing that she wants more than anything, the act that will make her life complete, is to fuck your brains out. Repeatedly. You think it over and decide: Sure! Why not? The two of you retire to your bedroom and start rutting like a couple of horny weasels. It is indeed the best sex ever, rapidly building to the orgasm of a lifetime, when suddenly, just like that, your neighbor dies.

But you’re not quite finished yet…

What do you do? :dubious:

I don’t get it - where’s the dilemma here?

:smiley:

I guess it’s time I added one. You’re trapped in an elevator with Fred Phelps and Jack Chick on the 49th floor. The cable has broken, and the only thing holding you in place are the emergency brakes. But some one set us up the bomb - the brakes are going in 60 seconds. Fifteen feet above you is the doorway, propped open. Fred & Jack and arguing about who helps who get up to the doorway first.

Oh, and you have a gun with one bullet. But it’s rubber.

What do you do?

You fire, of course – the rubber bullet is certainly solid enough to knock the prop out so the emergency door can slam shut. You and Jack and Fred then have 59 seconds to make a friendly wager as to whose soul can overcome the downward momentum of 9’/sec/sec.

To Mangetout’s dilemma:
What we should look at here is the big picture. It would clearly be of great benefit to society if the asylum seekers were to remain alive and in a place where they can share their work with the world.On the other hand, your mother can always wave the flower deliveryperson off, telling them that she is deathly allergic to the flowers. I’m sure they’d understand. You lose a friend, sure. But we have to look at the forest here.

You wake up and realize that you are Hitler and it is 1935.
You can only change history by killing yourself.

If you do kill yourself you will burn in hell for all eternity.

If you do not kill yourself, you will start WWII and the Holocaust just a Hiltler did.

What do you do?

(as far befor, it is a water pistol.)

I’ll travel forward in time, to the year 2002, and hook up with the Raelians. They will clone me. Just as they announce the birth of the first human clone, I’ll abduct the baby. With the baby in tow, I’ll travel back to 1889 and substitute mini-me for me in the birthing ward.

Travelling back to 1935 (swinging by the '20s to pick up some of their keen Death Rays), I’ll vaporize Hitler (now not me), assume command of his armies, and begin my own campaign to take over the…I mean, I’ll work for world peace and the unity of mankind!

Yeah, that’s one way to spin it. Heh heh heh.

You are a demon which has trapped a man in a matrix-style world…

Depends. Which one is bringing pie?