Is Alex Jones going to prison?

If I were in the prosecutor’s office, I’d find the time.

the difference being?

I know a anecdote does not equal data but I feel I need to share this story. Mrs Cad was sued by her ex for violating a court order that she had never seen. The time in prison/jail would have been 6 months minus a day so no jury trial (see what he did there). It took tens of thousands of dollars and nights that Mrs Cad was terrified she’d be led to jail in handcuffs, her life ruined and she had done nothing wrong. After months of this and ignoring her side of things, the Judge finally agreed with the evidence that her attorney gave at the first hearing that:
The magistrate that signed the order was not on the bench on the day in question.
Mrs Cad couldn’t had sign the order because she was in Europe that day.
Presented with this, her ex admitted that
The “magistrate” was really an attorney at the courthouse.
He forged Mrs. Cad’s signature to make things easier.

With this testimony the judge dismissed the charges as it was not a legal court order. Based on his testimony, Mrs. Cad (through her attorney) asked if there would be any consequences. Here’s where I think this might tie back to Alex Jones. The judge said the trial was over, the charges had been dismissed thus justice was served and that in the interest of the Court, the matter was over and done with. So no, no charges for perjury OR forging a court document. I imagine a lot of judges feel that once justice is served (according to their definition) there is no need to keep the issue open for matters of perjury.

In the USA, jail is served for sentences of less than one year, usually for misdemeanor convictions, in the local lock-up such as a county jail.

Prison is served for sentences of more than one year, usually for felony convictions, and will be served at a state-sponsored or federal facility.

And, that city/county jail is often where people are detained prior to trial, if they can’t make bail (or have bail denied).

A good point. You won’t await trial in prison, unless you’re already doing time for a sentence previously imposed.

Nice comparison John Oliver recently showed with side by side pictures of Alex and Grimace, quipping: “The man who boldly answers the question: ‘What if Grimace were a Proud Boy?’”