Is America "losing face" in China because of Bush's incompetence?

Also Sprach Zaratustra (been’ dying to try this one):

Nah, just venting a little. And ironically I can’t stand big breasted women. Okay, can’t stand is a bit too heavy a word, let’s say I’d rather have small breasted women. All right, I’d rather have any women at all!:slight_smile:

SPOOFE said:

Sure, who wouldn’t?

It’s the price that comes with success. How many jokes haven’t you heard about Bill Gates? Hardly a looser is he?
People have to vent every now and then.

And I must ad that your new president doesn’t help the situation a lot.

And you live in Brazil? Dang, that’s like being a diabetic in a chocolate shop. (Apologies to any diabetics out there.)

Actually our women are more known for their <?>( don’t know the word, ass ain’t too nice and butt sounds silly so I’m at a lost ).
But I think you get the idea.

I realize that I’m kind of tardy with this thread and it seems to have degenerated a bit, but I’ll put in my thoughts anyway.

Do you really think this is a good idea? I would think it would be very counterproductive to both of our countries causes. The Chinese government only runs about a 1/4 of the country’s businesses. That’s a big improvement since the late 80’s/early 90’s when it was well over 50%. I would think we would all want the private sector to get bigger and their governemnt not controlling as many businesses. And do American businesses really want to lose out on all the potential sales for their respective items because of this?

I think it’s in both sides best interests to come to a compromise and not worry about making the other guy look bad.

Uh, refresh my memory, did they count those thousands of ballots from the primarily Jewish community that were cast for that Nazi, Pat Buchannan for Gore?

If he’s going for the record, it looks like you could give him some competition. Maybe you should just be happy your guy won. Although, I can understand your bitterness since the Dems will take back Congress and he’ll be a single termer, like his pops.

I know, I know… and jokes have their place. Not everywhere is that place.

I don’t think EITHER of our (major) Presidential candidates would have helped the situation a lot. That’s pretty much a moot point, I think.

Poor W had to craft a China policy from a position of stupifying ignorance. All he had to go on was the 3 weeks he spent in that country, a father who has been Ambassador to China, VP and President, the top foreign policy experts in the Pentagon and the entire State Department.

Fortunately, this site has access to Brian Bunnyhurt, who can criticize W from a China background far superior to those mentioned in the paragraph above!

Seriously, there are articles like BB’s in many of today’s papers. Now that the crew has been released, it seems to be time to second-guess W. Most of these articles have been written by people who don’t speak Chinese, haven’t lived there, haven’t studied the culture, aren’t experts in their military, don’t know their long-term intentions, etc.

In mitigation of BB, one might say that his ignorance may be no worse than theirs.

So, let’s see if I understand you correctly. Bush is representing America’s interest because he is corporate-oriented and his father did a stint as ambassador there? I think you misunderstand the word incompetence. It basically means, by its origin, “inability to compete.” The Bushes are in the oil business. They did and still do business in the middle-east. Are you saying Bush Sr. ended the Iraq war correctly? Almost all “experts” who have emigrated from Iraq and know Saddam Hussein personally disagree.

You obviously have superficial faith in leaders for superficial reasons. Bush needs to understand America’s and China’s interests to compete for America, not his family’s/friends’ interests. Just to show how facile your reasoning is, you suppose that nothing goes wrong in the world if it handled by someone more “expert” than you, as long as we ignore their self-interests. How absurd can you be?

BB – In view of your post above, I disavow the last sentence of my previous post.

How are corporate interest’s different from America’s interests? Most of America is employed by corporations. The success or failure of those companies has a direct bearing on American society.

How would you have ended the Gulf War? Invade Bagdad, oust Saddam, and annex Iraq as our 51 state? Or maybe split Iraq up like post WWII Germany and give pieces to all the neighboring arab countries? Or maybe install a puppet government that we have to defend from Iran in 10 years?

Kind of a highjack, but since Bush seems to have gotten our people released from China without making us look like pussies, this thread will probably wind down soon anyway.

Are you asking: What’s wrong with communism?

China is a cheap labor force which corporations love to hire to manufacture almost everything you buy. Any manufacturing job is at stake to someone else in some other place, and most other jobs with it. Now, does it matter if they can vote or not, or be able to join a union? If no, then you can freely reject most American companies in China as whores. If yes, then you are at odds with most American companies in China. All that crap about America being anti-communism is a lie just to get you to die for capitalism in some corporate sponsored war. (In fact, anything you were told because you wanted to believe it is a lie, but that’s another board somewhere). By the way, Indonesia is no better. It’s not really about communism, it’s about self-determination.

IRAQ: You’ve heard the old Vietnam-era addage: “Don’t go to war unless you’re prepared to win it”? Well, don’t go to war unless your prepared to try to win it. What was all the money spent for? Are you buying into the Iran containment theory? Who attacked Iran in the first place? This containment stuff is a ploy by America’s most powerful lobby to keep all of Islam at war and hostile.

BB - First you start off railing against Bush on something that you obviously have no first-hand experience about, then you start ranting about some psycho conspiracy-theory nutcase belief that everything is a a manufactured lie to get us to be mindless corporate soldiers? Or something? :rolleyes:

Don’t worry, Mr. Bunnyhurt…it doesn’t matter if your hat is made with the shiny side of the tinfoil facing out…

Are you one of those nutcases that believe that Satan causes all the bad and Jesus makes it all better?

That’s pretty funny, Bunnyman. Just how did you set up the wireless connection on your computer, which I presume you push down the street as you wander back and forth with a wild look in your eyes and wearing mismatched shoes, muttering to yourself about the government and demanding spare change from passersby?

Come to think of it, haven’t I seen you sleeping outdoors somewhere?

" . . . push down the street in a stolen shopping cart . . ."

I left out that small but crucial detail. BTW, which of the two figures you cite are responsible for the voices in your head? Satan or Jesus? Either way, why won’t he let you sleep, dammit!!!

Are my posts keeping you up again? By the way, Zoroastrianism basically invented the idea of God and Satan.

Let’s give it to Mr. Bunnyhurt’s searing wit!

:rolleyes:

So far I have yet to see one logical post from you, Mr. Bunnyhurt. Maybe you should change your name to Brian Brainhurt.

“Zerothrusta”, huh? Do I know you from somewhere else, perchance?

Is it just me, or has some of the recent posts taken on a Pit-like atmosphere? Can we get a call from the moderators, Jim?

As a brit i reckon mr bush did very well. Ok, he said sorry, so what, the whole world knows china shouldn’t have kept the air crew prisoner.

He did the right thing, he said sorry and got the crew back.

Now he should sell aegis cruisers to taiwain and block chinas trade deals etc in a kind of ‘try lose me political points would ya !, kinda way’.

China, get angry over a spy plane when the USA have spy satellites all over them… like… er… durr…

I think china were just trying to look tough after there embassy got bombed.