Is being gay going against natural laws?

It’s cliched, but I can always have my partner give me a handjob, ejaculate into a cup, and hand it over to my lesbian best friend for partner to use a turkey baster. It sounds like a bad LOGO sitcom.

What if everyone on the planet had a male children only for 50 years? Humanity would end! Isn’t that sort of going against our basic animal instincts?:smiley:

I’m not anti-male babies or anything like that. This isn’t a troll thread. Just a simple question.

BTW, the answer to your question and mine is “Yes”.

BTW, the answer to “If my aunt had balls would she be my uncle?” is also “Yes!”

No, there are animals in wild that show homosexual behaviours. There is no going against anything.

This statment is hard to believe as true.

This thread reeks of the need for high powered political correctness, if I do say so myself.

Being gay does not prevent one from having sex with members of the opposite sex.

In fact, I don’t know if there’s been a study on it, but I’d be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of gay men my age(late 30s) have had sex with women either to experiment, use as beards, or because they were in denial.

Moreover, while I don’t think gay men would have much fun having sex with straight women, I don’t think they’d have nearly the problem with doing it that straight men(even non-homophobic straight men) would have with sex with another man since they haven’t grown up in a society that’s beating them over the head with the idea that its not normal for men to have sex with women whereas straight men have grown up in a society which has repeatedly emphasized that sex between to men is not normal.

You’ve had a lot of good answers and you have not yet acknowledged whether your post was a troll post or not.

I will assume it was. You need education.

I can’t believe that this kind of stuff actually passes for science. Makes good copy, though!

As for the OP, if everyone was exclusively gay, then our “basic animal instincts” would be to have sex with people of the same gender. Our species would go extinct, but that’s going to happen sooner or later anyway.

It’s not clear to what extent homosexuality is hereditary, but it’s clearly biological, and there’s no such thing as “natural law” anyway. Not in the sense you are trying to use it.

If only there was some way a woman could get pregnant without actually having sex…

Depends. Can gays travel faster than light? Do they violate conservation of energy? If so, cool! There’s lots of potential uses for that! We can reach the stars using the Gay Drive on ships powered by Gay Generators.

Gays can (and do) exist without causing everybody to be gay. Gays can also have babies and be parents, as my niece and her partner recently proved. The OP makes no sense.

This makes no sense. At all.

I think everyone is taking this too personally. The OP didn’t say ‘explain how gays are an abomination since that is what I want to believe’, he was asking how a trait that makes people not desire sex that can lead to pregnancy survives in our gene pool. It is an honest question.

Another question would be why do some people find post-menopausal women sexually attractive? They can’t get pregnant either but they still date. But it isn’t meant to be an insult. Why are some people pedophiles and attracted to people too young to get pregnant, even if of the opposite gender?

Obvious disclaimer: Not that I’m comparing senior dating or homosexuality to pedophilia. But none lead to having children. But they all exist anyway.

For that matter, why are blowjobs nice? Nobody gets pregnant from one of those.

Given all the ways the human race might die out, this could be the most enjoyable way to go, IMHO. :smiley:

How do you like that, gooback

Then he could have worded it better. As it is writen, it sounds just like what I have often heard many time over the years as a gay man as a reason to oppose gay rights.
I have to go look up Daybreakers, to see what that means.:slight_smile:

:confused: I don’t get it.

Is being sterile going against the natural laws? If everyone on the planet was born sterile, humanity would end.

And yet, I think you will find that some people are sterile.

It is from a south park episode called goobacks. In order to stop immigrants in the future from existing a bunch of people have a massive gay sex orgy so nobody will have any kids.

What if everyone on the Earth was suddenly turned into a flying monkey? Or everyone on Earth suddenly disappeared to be replaced by intelligent turnips? Here is the thing…‘what if’s’ of such improbably and unlikely events really are just mental masturbation.

Obviously not, since we do it and we are part of nature. Also, other animals exhibit homosexuality, so it’s not against some ‘natural law’. Think of ‘natural law’ as more a guideline than a hard and fast ‘law’. Or, just toss out any silly concept that there IS a ‘natural law’, since it’s a meaningless term. Humans are part of nature. Pretty much everything we do (sans the ‘pretty much’ part) IS natural…for us. It’s part of our nature. We are part of the natural world. QED, homosexuality is an aspect of human sexuality and ‘natural law’.

Except that your scenario is unlikely to the turning into flying monkeys point. Humanity is more likely to be wiped out by giant space crickets than to have everyone suddenly turn homosexual and stop procreating, which are actually two separate things, i.e. all humans turning homosexual AND all humans also stopping procreation.

I’m skeptical, but ok. It’s been answered.

-XT