Is guys that only eat chicken fingers a thing?

Parenting isn’t a pass/fail exercise. You can do really great in some areas and completely fall flat in other areas.

I realize that, all too well.

But if these are young adult men they are choosing this behavior unless they are non-typical. It isn’t always the parents fault no matter what psychologist have beat in our heads.

Like the young lady who drank Panera Lemonade, she is ultimately responsible for her death. Her parents are looking for someone else to blame.
I’m sure they told her repeatedly as a child caffeine and rollercoaster rides are bad for your heart condition.

These young men know eating nothing but chicken tenders are not healthy in the long run. They are choosing to do it.

How are fries and potato chips not vegetables?

Culinary (and informally nutritionally) they’re starches, so more akin to grains than vegetables.

His diet may have been the direct cause, but there’s a strong undertone of mental illness to that article.

I know a very successful businessman, who eats mainly chicken fingers, even at the restaurants he owns. So it does exist.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, somehow nobody with “food sensitivity issues” ever needs to eat a garden salad and a piece of lasagna for every meal. It’s always nursery school food. There’s individual food preferences and there’s what is clearly some combination of mental illness and never being told that you have to step outside of your comfort zone and try new things instead of indulging exactly what you liked to do at age 4 for every second of the day.

Scurvy can be prevented by even miniscule vitamin C intake; basically one serving of anything derived from a fruit or vegetable per month will do it. If he’s dipping the chicken fingers or fries in any kind of tomato-based sauce that’s more than enough.

Catsup is a veggie? Who knew?:wink:

Ronald Reagan, for one.

And Curly Fries:

Stranger

My mid-50’s BFF eats like a child. She wouldn’t survive without chicken strips and she doesn’t eat white food so while french fries are OK, baked or mashed potatoes are not acceptable.

Happily, she is adult enough to acknowledge her diet’s limitations and will often eat before going out with friends who might want to eat more adventurous food. If she can find something acceptable, she will order it but doesn’t pout or lose her shit if there isn’t anything for her.

:hugs:yep.

So white potatoes are acceptable only if they’re fried in oil?

Okay…

No rice, cauliflower, vanilla ice cream, great northern beans, white bread?,
a peeled apple.

To each their own. I suppose

The guy I know is successful, but not regional-owner-of-fourteen-Los-Pollos-Hermanos successful.

Have you ever tried pushing someone to go to therapy? I imagine many of the adults in these peoples lives had to ask themselves the following: Is it worth the aggravation to fight this person or just let this grown ass adult eat what they want? Like my habitually tardy friends, at some point I would simply stop catering to their needs. You want chicken fingers then go get them before you come over. The rest of us want to go have gyros.

Properly fried potatoes aren’t white.

I’m confused. Chicken is white. Not pure white, but if I had to pick some basic color name to apply to chicken, “white” would be it. It’s sure not green or brown or yellow or red which are the other common colors of food. With an honorable mention for blue.

I’m not her, but I’d guess she can avoid thinking about the color of the chicken due to it being covered in batter and then fried. Just like how the insides of some french fries are white…the outsides aren’t and she is “eating with her eyes” anyhow.

I’m not her mom, if she doesn’t want to eat something, she doesn’t have to. She’s happy with her diet and appears fairly healthy, so it really isn’t my business. After all, I wouldn’t welcome it if she wanted to have a serious discussion about my four cup a day coffee habit.

This is just how most people treat her AND is how she wants to be treated, so it works well.

Maybe he just needs a security consultant to help him overtake the opposition. Forward to him my LinkedIn page.

Stranger