Is health care being given too much attention?

That’s a good point. I mean who the hell wants to go to the doctor? I try to avoid the healthcare system as much as I possibly can.

bump is talking about what is and you are talking about what ought. I hope that clears up the faux disagreement between you two. Why don’t you two put your heads together and figure out how to go from what is to what ought to be.

For example, should you lobby your school board to add a section about universal healthcare to high school world history class? That would make an interesting topic for those who agree that universal healthcare is desirable.

~Max

I think there are some old people who like to go to the doctor for company. But they don’t get expensive healthcare - and they are already covered by that form of UHC called Medicare. Anyone worried about freeloaders can maybe point to some statistics.

I agree. The focus on the President is based on his influence over Congress, which is based on his veto power.

~Max

Ah, but that’s because you’re only accustomed to the drab hell of profit-driven healthcare, where no-one can splurge on anything without getting it double-checked by the adjuster and then approved the green-visored accountants.

Come to a UHC system, especially a single-payer, where it’s all tax-funded and no-one keeps track of costs! It’s a party!! The waiting rooms in our clinics are like Studio 54 in its heyday, but with better drugs, handed out by white-coated apparatchiks!!! And our ERs are even better - people are dying to get in!!!

The very sad thing is that even that talking point you press is coming from contrarians (I even saw that complain coming from a conservative comic) that try to ignore the hardest that the playbook was not tossed away, but the propaganda from the right has also done wonders to blunt what should indeed be a success.