Is it technically and logistically feasible to watch everyone all of the time?

The US labor force is around 155 million people. Also, I forgot that people can’t watch other people 24/7 so multiply my number by 3 to cover 3 8 hour shifts. That’s 105 million workers or 64% of the labor force doing nothing productive but watching people.

And if you are going to use the sort of people who can “just do any job”, how effective do you think they will be?

Not to mention that’s just the watchers. That doesn’t even cover technicians, middle management and administrative personal. The watchers alone are an order of magnitude larger than the nine largest employers in the world combined:

United States Department of Defense 3.20 million
Chinese People’s Liberation Army 2.30 million
Walmart 2.20 million
UK National Health Service 1.70 million
China National Petroleum Corporation 1.60 million
State Grid Corporation of China 1.50 million
Indian Railways 1.40 million
Indian Armed Forces 1.30 million
Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn) 1.20 million
TOTAL 16.40 million

No, you said the point was to prevent crime. You are willing to allow embarrassing information out for everyone even though it’s not illegal? You’re going to keep eliminate trade secrets, private negotiations, people trying to keep relationships away from prying eyes?

If you want to eliminate privacy just say that. If you want to eliminate crime this scheme needs a whole lot of security.

Hmmmm, looks like Telemark has something to hide. I never thought of him as a scofflaw.

Telemark works in security software. I make money when people buy this stuff so I have a vested interested in making sure the government buys as much of it as possible.

When I come home at night
I bold the door real tight
People call me on the phone
I’m trying to avoid
But can people on TV see me
Or am I just paranoid

When I’m in the shower
I’m afraid to wash my hair
'Cause I might open my eyes
And find someone standing there

People say I’m crazy
Just a little touched