Is my kid artistically talented?

So it looks like the Stay Puft marshmallow man was having dinner with you! :slight_smile:

Cute drawing.

Fine artist/ Sculptor/ Illustrator Checking in.

I’ve taught kids your daughter’s age in summer camps and that is pretty typical for her level of development. The perspective is interesting though. If she enjoys art, encourage her. I don’t see anything that screams for private lessons or nurturing beyond that of simply being supportive. Of course, she is still quite young, and it is between the ages of 5 and 7 that artistic skills usually take off if they are present.

If art is something she’s interested in, there are plenty of ways to nurture that interest. Many children’s museums have an art area where children have access to many different materials (some not readily available at home), and most museums offer classes or summer camps for young children.

That picture looks on par for her age. I work with young children, but I’m a nutritionist, not a teacher and not really qualified to judge artwork. However, my older sister is a professional artist. I remember her artwork at age 5. It was incredible! She drew My Little Pony and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that looked almost as good as the real thing. I still have a book she made in Kindergarten. Regardless of talent, encouraging children to express themselves through art is a great way to give them an outlet. You may find that it helps her cope with emotions (drawing angry faces when she’s upset, drawing Mickey Mouse over and over to help deal with the overexcitement of an upcoming Disney trip, etc).