Is My Neighbor's Cat Gonna Freeze?

[QUOTE=appleciders]
Seriously? Cats in Antarctica? Do you know where he heard that?
[/QUOTE]

Nope - let me poke around a little bit.

Okay, I wasn’t able to find anything. My husband got his information from a show he had seen years ago, and he isn’t able to find any cite for it either, so we’re going to have to call that one “unsubstantiated.” I do trust his memory (a lot further than I trust mine, as a matter of fact), though.

[QUOTE=Kalhoun]
My MIL nukes the cat food when it’s cold like this. Is that cute or what?
[/QUOTE]

I used to do that for our feral cat. The stench is really unpleasant. What we’ll do for our fur family.

I have this image in my mind, of “Bill the Cat” standing out in the snow, screaming “No, I’m not dead. Did you know it’s fuckin’ freezing out here, asshole?”

Tris

[QUOTE=featherlou]
Okay, I wasn’t able to find anything. My husband got his information from a show he had seen years ago, and he isn’t able to find any cite for it either, so we’re going to have to call that one “unsubstantiated.” I do trust his memory (a lot further than I trust mine, as a matter of fact), though.
[/QUOTE]

I found you a cite, but not penguins but rather petrels. And not in antarctica but in sub-antarctic Indian Ocean. The place in question is Marion Island and the feral cats were a major problem but are now eradicated.