Is off-board behavior completely ignored?

I’m somewhat amazed that anyone would expect/ask for “help” regarding the abuse of information that they voluntarily made public. I don’t see how hypothetical e-mail harrassment is hypothetically the responsibility of the place where you posted your hypothetical e-mail address.

In this example, however, the people gave the on-board information to the police, who were able to use it effectively. That’s fine. It wasn’t the board moderators who were being asked to pursue the stalker.

Anything posted on the boards is certainly available if a situation arises where you feel the authorities need to be notified. That’s not the same as asking the moderators to ban someone for off-board behavior.

Are you allowed to post personal info to off-board sites?

So who would authorize the “allowing?” Last time I checked, the Thought Police have gotten this far in their agenda. But give them time and most Dopers would be in big trouble.

:smiley:

haven’t

haven’t

haven’t!
I previewed! Honest!

What’s stopping you? Knock yourself out.

It’s an all-day job doing what we do here, let alone what happens somewhere else.

TubaDiva

“If you think something bad is happening that the officials of the SDMB should attend to, send them a report with all pertinent information. They promise to deal with it as requires for the situation. There are no hard and fast rules; it’s all dependent upon the facts.”

This isn’t particularly hard to understand, folks. :smack:

What kind of personal info are you thinking of?

Asked and answered, really. If you need further clarification, please send an email and we’ll explain some more. TubaDiva@aol.com

TubaDiva