Is salmon dangerous?

Yes, salmon is dangerous. They attract bears, and you don’t want to run into them. So stay away from salmon, is my advice.

“He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!!”

:confused: Excuse me? I have no idea what this means. You called him “a BBC guy” when you introduced him, so I did the same… :confused:

I’m not disrespecting they BBC guy at all; I am merely pointing out that his information may not be 100% accurate. “He describes it as the fish version of factory farming with the same overcrowding and abuse of antibiotics and pesticides”… and “the book is not at all scientific.”

From those two snippets the first is inaccurate AFAIK, and the second should give a person reason to not have total confidence in what any author says. Again that’s fine; he’s a journalist not a scientist. One should simly not take the words as scientific if they aren’t. I’m wondering a) what pesticides are used, b) if they’re unique to aquaculture, c) where the numbers are showing what amount of said pesticides/anitbiotics are used, and d) how the amounts of them used has been justfied as “abuse”.

Some places may use anitfoulants on nets, but most simply change the nets regularly. In Canada the use of such agents is regulated and they’ve been around a long time in other applications. Antibiotics are only used as a last resort, and as little as possible since they are very expensive. These too are regulated.

I’ve seen high-density turkey barns where it is difficult for birds to turn around at peak production, and have been told that they have antibiotics added to their water from day one whether they need them or not, but very little outrage over it seems to exist. I do know the farmed fish are not raised like this. The production isn’t ideal or completely natural, but no farming practice (including certified organic) is a perfect replication of nature either. I’m just saying that this one, despite all the attention, has simply not been proven dangerous.