Is Santa Claus omniscent?

So don’t take it as bible thumping, and instead look at it as the useful intersection of two myth worlds. Superman and Batman have an ordering, why not Santa and Jesus?

I wonder what the Borg’s take on Santa would be?

Just because Jesus didn’t know everything at the time doesn’t really have any bearing on whether Santa can or not. God’s will for the abilities of His different agents may change depending on the circumstances. So far as I know, Jesus couldn’t make His nose glow and I’ve never heard of Him guiding a sleigh, but Rudolph managed to do it. If Santa needs to know everything (Re: Naughty/Nice) in order to do God’s will than it will be so.

The Borg tried to assimilate Santa long ago. Where do you think the elves came from? Christmas Magic is some strong mojo…

Just because Santa knows about kids’ behavior, how to make reindeer fly, complex Christmas Eve geography, and how to get into people’s living spaces without a key . . . doesn’t necessarily make him omniscient. There are a whole lot of other things that he may or may not know about.

Well, there is this one movie with people* praying* to Santa, and getting saved by the Spirit of Christmas: Santa Buddies

Santa wielding a two-handed +5 Holy Avenger puts a whole new face on what the ‘naughty’ children get for christmas.:slight_smile:

That’s why he wears the red clothes. To hide the blood of the ‘naughty’.

Just making conversation? What else is he going to do? Bitch about the size of his prostate? It must be huge by now.

Come to think of it, Superman lives at the North Pole and can fly around the whole planet in one night…

Santa Claus is sometimes called Kris Kringle, which is a corruption of Christkind (German, “Christ child”).

But nothing in the Bible indicates that he couldn’t make his nose glow. For all we know it could have been one of his favorite party tricks, but one the evangelists felt uncomfortable writing about. As for guiding sleighs through dense fog, the need probably never came up in his milieu.

What if you don’t use an amulet at all, but roll a natural 20 on your “Block Detect Naughty”? Are you in the clear?

Nope, you only get half the presents a non-naughty person would get.

Of course Santa knows everything. But he has a lot on his mind, and sometimes he forgets. That’s why he has to ask for a name once in a while.

At least that’s what the department store Santa told me.