Is tanning socially acceptable for dudes?

Speaking as a male tanner (who doesn’t go for the ‘Aruba look’) I agree with the majority opinion that men who slide into the electric coffin tanning is acceptable.

I got the tanning bed by default in the divorce. (The ex doesn’t have the space or the 220V Electrical line).

As far as your nancy boy concerns go; don’t sweat it. You only tanned 10 times, so I doubt the UV rays reached your endocrine system & lowered your testosterone levels. Fear not, you can still refer to guys as dudes as opposed to boyz even though you don’t live in California.

As far as your vanity concerns go; Just remember, it’s the least desructive of the seven deadly sins - and who leads a sinless life anyway?
Maybe the following quotes can help assuage your fears:

Yousef Karsh

Louis Kronenberger

or Tom Wolf

Hijack Question (for those who tan): What do you do for the 15-20 minutes while you’re in the tanning bed?
[size](TMI-For reasons I fail to understand, the artificial tanning rays have a spiking affect on libido. Several people I’ve asked have experienced the same affect and also admit to keeping their hands busy)[/size]