Use bullets!
Lots of bullets!
Seriously, when you make your presentation at the city council meetings, use bullet points. It makes your idea much easier to follow.
Use bullets!
Lots of bullets!
Seriously, when you make your presentation at the city council meetings, use bullet points. It makes your idea much easier to follow.
I’ve found that chairing a constituency association, co-chairing an affirmative action commission, and regularly buttonholing them at conventions and federal councils works quite well too.
So far, my MP has been a useless waste of space. I’ve written to her, and all she did was pass on my letter to the junior minister and I got a form letter - from him - in reply. And the letter gave the names and addresses of everyone in the area who’d similarly written to her. Should I so choose, I will have no compunction in voting against her. Every vote counts.
[QUOTE=begbert2]
I think you mean “then it is hard for him to honestly say ‘my electorate wants …’”, since as written it’s demonstrably not true.
[/QUOTE]
A good catch - and an accurate observation - nice one !
Write,call and email. Thats all you can do.Unless you are rich and connected.
[QUOTE=FRDE]
I’m afraid that you don’t understand what ‘legitimacy’ is.
If a politician gets 30% of the electorate voting for him, then it is hard for him to say ‘my electorate wants …’
[/QUOTE]
Not only will they say that, they’ll say they have a mandate. It’s people like you that are to blame for Bush. Hope you’re proud.
Lawsuits and hearings to knock them out of office. Or sudden changes in voting patterns will make them nervous about what needs to be done to stay in office. If there was a way to knock any politician out arbitrarily during their term with a vote of no confidence, I believe they would be much more receptive. otherwise they know they have a cushy job until their term expires, as long as they don’t do anything too terribly illegal or face media exposure.