Is there a weirder song than "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s?

from Wikipedia:

well, that’s show biz

Reeves and Mortimer are your “go-to” men here,
Try “Oh! Mr. Hairdresser” here’s a verse, just as a taster

Oh, Mr Magnetic Bullrush,
wave your special gloves in an arc,
prepare a lovely crisp salad,
and have sex with a kestrel above a caravan

or try anything by “Mulligan and O’Hare”

How about Gruppo Sportivo’s Superman?

Come to think of it, they could be the Dutch B-52s

Satan Lend Me a Dollar by Hill of Beans?

Camel Walk by Southern Culture On The Skids

and other family guy homages:
bird’s the word
shapoopi (not the song itself but the term shapoopi. random, or am i not getting an antiquated reference?)

I would guess, a reference to “Shattered”, by the Rolling Stones.

“Shipoopi” is a song in The Music Man. God knows why the Stones picked up on it, but that is rock music for you… and I thought the Stones sang “sha-doobie-do” in that particular song.

He’s basically using a blues tradition of getting over-dramatic and invoking quasi-religious imagery to basically say in each verse “whoa, I was bummed out - but I got better”

I vote for **Cannonball **by The Breeders

It has lyrics like:

And that immortal chorus:

and yet - I freakin’ love it.

And I love me some B-52’s - I kinda imagine Fred Schneider as some whacked-out Pee-Wee Herman-esque bizarrely non-threatening uncle telling a made-up story using what he can find on the beach during a Grand Day Out with all his little nieces and nephews - a harmless wild rumpus, which is what I always find fun about the B-52’s…very Lewis Carroll / Jabberwocky…

i know it’s from the music man. but why they chose the phrasing “shapoopi” as the girl who’s hard to get, i’ll never know…

that’s what i was wondering. was a “shapoopi” late 50’s slang?

Well, here is all I got for you:

shipoopi
IMO it’s a nonsense rhyme, sung to take up space and meter in a song. YMMV.

“How Bizarre” by OMC is a pretty weird song- especially seeing as it’s written by an NZ artist but is clearly pitched at the US radio airplay market.

No-one mentioned Kate Bush’s The Dreaming yet?

Psycho killer
Qu’est-ce que c’est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa
Better
Run run run run run run run awaaaaaaaaay

Anything by Voice Farm pretty much puts the OP song to sanity.

“The radio is broken” by Frank Zappa (if you think the lyrics are strange you NEED to hear the “Melody”)

The germs from space!
The negative-virus knit-wear
The blobulent suit
That’s right! THE BLOBULENT SUIT
It’s made of rubbert, it’s very ugly
It’s got an air hose…
(The guy that has it all has a SPACE WRENCH!)

Unclviny

Polite reminder, everybody: please don’t quote more than four or five lines of a song in any post. If you want to showcase the entire song, link to a site with the lyrics.

Also, the “Hear come old flat top” line is a direct reference from Chuck Berry’s “You Can’t Catch Me.”

Anyway, in terms of Beatles weirdness, it doesn’t come close to “I Am the Walrus” and (especially) “Revoluton 9” (which isn’t so much a song as a sound collage).

Can we just nominate the entire Talking Heads’ library?

Miss Kittin. “You know Frank Sinatra? He’s dead.”