Is there ever a legit reason for looking down the barrel of a gun?

Chefguy and enipla–I never thought of using a thumbnail or fingernail for the task…

Then again, my fingers are huge and my rifle is a .22, so I don’t think my finger would fit. Next time I dig it out I’ll have to check.

:smack:

Would you be referring to a Punt Gun?

Handy to have on 4th down.

Good pic. Especially since punt guns were always mounted to something solid when fired. I would not want to be either of those guys if that thing fired. But especially not the guy on the left.

I expect you know this already, but just in case … “fowling piece” is simply the traditional and now archaic term for “shotgun.”

Good point. :slight_smile:

It *will *clear a nice wide path through the defensive line. Then the running back will easily gain the needed yardage. At least assuming he can see through the gunsmoke to dodge the bodies. :smiley:

What bodies? :eek:

Moderator Note

Let’s avoid political jabs in GQ. No warning issued.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

True, but that pic brings home just how much of a monster the Punt Gun really was.

I haven’t had nearly enough coffee to math, but throwing a pound or more of shot out at lethal velocity? I’m sure the recoil would have been substantial even with a gun that big.

:wink:

I once highly considered jamming a shotgun barrel with crap because I had good cause to believe the asshole owner would try to use it against me.

So, if you think you might be in such a scenario you might want to check the barrel.